Interesting tidbit...

We're not in the top 50 in most penalties or most penalty yards.

And in every efficiency stat on offense (Yards per play passing, rushing, qb rating, etc) we're in the top 30 and might be top 20, I'd have to re-look...

Our 60+ yards per game in penalties does put us in the top 40.

Correct.

t-35 most penalty ypg

43rdpenatlies/pg

These stats make me even more dumbfounded by all the nitpicking over Beck's play calling.

In hindsight we can always take any negative play and chalk it up as the "wrong" play call, but he must be doing something right.

I am one who loves his play calling. I mean he may not be perfect throughout a game, but honestly, what OC makes perfect play calls throughout a whole game?

These stats make me even more dumbfounded by all the nitpicking over Beck's play calling.

In hindsight we can always take any negative play and chalk it up as the "wrong" play call, but he must be doing something right.

I am one who loves his play calling. I mean he may not be perfect throughout a game, but honestly, what OC makes perfect play calls throughout a whole game?

Here's my list:

• Fire 1

Where do we rank in turnovers per game? To me, this is a huge stat. The offense has been pretty good, but as seen above we're in the top 50 for penalties. I'd venture to guess we're right up there for turnovers per game as well. Both of these stall an offense pretty quick. The passing D ratings look good from a distance, but I'd venture to guess we're right up there in those categories because of how soft our rush D is. Why pass the ball, when a team can get big chunks of yards on the ground?

The passing D ratings look good from a distance, but I'd venture to guess we're right up there in those categories because of how soft our rush D is. Why pass the ball, when a team can get big chunks of yards on the ground?

Not sure if I buy this. Our opponents are passing 30 times per game against us this year, on average. We're just that good in pass defense.

Where do we rank in turnovers per game? To me, this is a huge stat. The offense has been pretty good, but as seen above we're in the top 50 for penalties. I'd venture to guess we're right up there for turnovers per game as well. Both of these stall an offense pretty quick. The passing D ratings look good from a distance, but I'd venture to guess we're right up there in those categories because of how soft our rush D is. Why pass the ball, when a team can get big chunks of yards on the ground?

Ranked 121 @ 3.0 fumbles per game, 122 for fumbles lost per game, 44th for interceptions thrown @ 0.7. These stats are FBS schools only. Compared to 3.7 fumbles and 1.0 interception per game last season.

Ranked 121 @ 3.0 fumbles per game, 122 for fumbles lost per game, 44th for interceptions thrown @ 0.7. These stats are FBS schools only. Compared to 3.7 fumbles and 1.0 interception per game last season.

The interceptions don't necessarily bother me when one puts into context of TD's thrown per INT's thrown. Martinez has done a much better job. It's the laying the ball on the turf via a fumble that is really irritating this year. I know we're one of the worst teams in the nation for turnover margin. If the D can't get turnovers, the O needs to quit giving the ball away. Again, it's the little things. We're a top 50 team in penalties, and we're one of the worst for turnovers. Both absolutely kill drives. Clean this up, and the offense can play with anyone.