Misconception on the Robinson injury

T_O_Bull

I don't get this thread. It's a contact sport. What's the concern here... where's the "misconception?"

I think TO was referring to the commentators basically saying Stein "took Robinson out". Stein hardly touched the guy. Sort of the the same situation last year when Braxton got hurt. Commentators were saying he got hurt during Compton's tackle but the replay clearly showed he twisted his ankle long before any contact

The amazing thing about D-Rob is that his nerve injury happened about four games ago. He keeps re-aggravating it, and last night was just one more time. Stein had nothing to do with it. These so-called sports "experts" have no clue. This was not the first episode. I thought these guys knew what was going on? Maybe they don't need to have an AP poll either. It's obvious they don't pay attention.

You want tough? Taylor Martinez is a tough sumbitch.

QFT

I can see I need to watch the broadcast of this game ASAP. Sounds like lots of stuff went on that I couldn't get from the stands.

I'm particularly interested in watching Michigan's last "scoring drive," wherein they were handed 50-something yards on penalties. At the end of the third quarter they had generated a whopping 6 yards of offense in the second half, and yet scored, on a drive starting in their own territory.

That's legit Knapp. That field goal drive started on their own 22. ended on the 21 with a 38 yard field goal. 57 yard drive. 3, 15 yard penalties. There were only able to gain 12 yards on their own. Just ridiculous.

If anything, Steinkuhler forced Robinson to the ground with his arm. Most of his body missed DR, so he didn't feel the force of what Steinkuhler could have laid on him. It was just a freak way the DR landed on his elbow and re-aggravated that nerve in his arm.

I didn't watch the 1st half of the Husker game, i listened to it on Huskers.com. I prefer listening to Greg Sharpe anyway. Didn't realize that Taylor threw off his back foot again in that TD pass to Kenny Bell.

I don't get this thread. It's a contact sport. What's the concern here... where's the "misconception?"

I understand it's a contact sport and it doesn't matter if DRob was hit or fallen on by a defensive player or if he is just a little girl with a self induced boo boo. However, after watching the game on TV, you'll have to agree that apparently the B1G wants to remove all contact of any sort from the game of football. We were called for targeting on a shoulder pad hit to a players midsection (gasp-oh the horror) and were also called for pass interference, apparently by mental telepathy because our guy didnt even touch the receiver. Apparently the only contact the B1G conference wants to see is their game officials mule kicking female bystanders on the sidelines. You do need to watch the tape of this one. The officiating was horrible and only surpassed by the announcers for favortism for Michigan.

• Fire 1

I understand it's a contact sport and it doesn't matter if DRob was hit or fallen on by a defensive player or if he is just a little girl with a self induced boo boo. However, after watching the game on TV, you'll have to agree that apparently the B1G wants to remove all contact of any sort from the game of football. We were called for targeting on a shoulder pad hit to a players midsection (gasp-oh the horror) and were also called for pass interference, apparently by mental telepathy because our guy didnt even touch the receiver. Apparently the only contact the B1G conference wants to see is their game officials mule kicking female bystanders on the sidelines. You do need to watch the tape of this one. The officiating was horrible and only surpassed by the announcers for favortism for Michigan.

I'm about done with the 3rd quarter and the officiating isn't any better than it appeared live. They were terribly inconsistent. When 1/3 of Michigan's 1st downs come via penalty, that's a huge red flag.