East Lansing going to be a sea of red?

Your statement sounded like you were generalizing, as I asked why I you wouldn't see a sea of red, like in '95. Didn't know you and your wife were the whole crowd. You two are less than 1% of the 25K+ fans that are expected to show up. Flying from KC, who said you had to fly? 700 miles from KC to East Lansing. Your looking at $400 in gas, there and back, coming from one family. $400 in gas round trip (avg 18mpg), $100 in food, $200 in Hotel stay. $700 for one family, and even cheaper if your going in a group. Still WAY less than your $1400.

....and if you were going to commit $700 (bare minimum as you say) and 3 days or your time to the trip....do you think it really makes a bit of difference if the ticket is $5 or $50? That's only 10-15% of your cost. Who cares.

(and I think i've traveled enough to know how much it costs ME). you can travel as you wish...but it's not the reality of the life I have. I was probably far undershooting w/ 1400.

Wow, this is a great p!ssing match. chuckleshuffle When the wife and I went to the UCLA game we spent 400 on air fare 100 on a room, 120 on tickets and 200 roughly on food and booze, so about 800 bucks. For an example.

(hardest to easiest )Stadiums to take over in the Big Ten(at least for OSU)

1. PSU

2. Wisky

3. Iowa

4. scUM

5. Sparty

6. llinois

7. Purdue

8. Minny

9. Northwestern

10.Indiana

Really the top 3 are the only ones that I have seen are difficult(Iowa I'm sure is due to proximity)

Is Nebraska not included on that list because we're the new kids on the block and you have no track record to look at or is it because no visiting fan base has ever/ will ever come remotely close to making a dent in Lincoln so it is just presumed impossible and putting us anywhere on the list would be ridiculus?

BTW I agree with your list order. Listing all 12 teams I would put Nebraska at #1 and you guys at #2 and shift everyone else down. I have a different theory on why Wiscy and Iowa may be difficult to take over. It's probably not that you "couldn't" take over their stadiums but rather that not enough people want to go to have it actually happen. I mean who wants to put up with the fans/students in Madison? And, Iowa? Well it IS Iowa after all. The only thing they got going for them is proximity to most of the B1G.

Your statement sounded like you were generalizing, as I asked why I you wouldn't see a sea of red, like in '95. Didn't know you and your wife were the whole crowd. You two are less than 1% of the 25K+ fans that are expected to show up. Flying from KC, who said you had to fly? 700 miles from KC to East Lansing. Your looking at $400 in gas, there and back, coming from one family. $400 in gas round trip (avg 18mpg), $100 in food, $200 in Hotel stay. $700 for one family, and even cheaper if your going in a group. Still WAY less than your $1400.

....and if you were going to commit $700 (bare minimum as you say) and 3 days or your time to the trip....do you think it really makes a bit of difference if the ticket is $5 or $50? That's only 10-15% of your cost. Who cares.

(and I think i've traveled enough to know how much it costs ME). you can travel as you wish...but it's not the reality of the life I have. I was probably far undershooting w/ 1400.

Wow, this is a great p!ssing match. chuckleshuffle When the wife and I went to the UCLA game we spent 400 on air fare 100 on a room, 120 on tickets and 200 roughly on food and booze, so about 800 bucks. For an example.

Yeah, I'd be a lot more inclined to visit CA if I was dropping near a grand to go to a game rather than East Lansing. I think this is where knapp was coming from. Those willing to drop the dough more than likely already did it attending the NW game. However, I'm not a great litmus test considering I'm extremely "cheap".

you likely didn't fly out of KC. Add 250 a ticket to anything. As an example, airfair is $942 to Detroit for this game. Add your 100 for a room (we'd be there 2 nights because of the game time), 50 on tickets, 200 roughly on food and boos and you're at $1400. (without a rental car to get you there).

We're in Vegas for the week of the bowl games (we try to get out there for March madness and the bowl games every year) and our tickets were almost 900 - whereas our family flying out of Denver got their's for around 600. KC sucks in that regard.

Can't you drive from KC to Denver for far less than 300 bucks?

There and back, it'd be close. But that also adds 16 hours of travel time.

It was for two tickets, so the 300 was per ticket taking it up to 600 for the pair. If I had to worry about added travel time, I'd never fly considering I'm four hours from Denver one way and nearly six from Omaha one way.

Can't you drive from KC to Denver for far less than 300 bucks?

There and back, it'd be close. But that also adds 16 hours of travel time.

It was for two tickets, so the 300 was per ticket taking it up to 600 for the pair. If I had to worry about added travel time, I'd never fly considering I'm four hours from Denver one way and nearly six from Omaha one way.

where the heck are you? grant/ogallala? and the 300 was for 2 tickets (150 more each)...my wife and I's. when it comes to traveling, I rarely can buy just 1 ticket. she's always tagging along :P

South of both. Imperial area. I assumed there were more in your family than just two therefore assuming you meant your tickets and their tickets were priced individually.

Dixon's old stomping grounds. Good article below by the way - should have probably been put up somewhere but haven't seen anyone link to it yet.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/cornhuskers-visit-family-devastated-by-crash/article_6a89cb64-a6ce-538c-a48a-fa048da6113c.html#.UJFGsHJPXrq.facebook