sex scandal Obama Admin

sd and Knapp....

Here is how I view most people I disagree with politically. It is like the old story of the blind men describing the elephant by the part they happen to be touching. Everyone has experiences in their life that makes them view the world from their point of view. I think that is probably where we are.

Agreed.

I really hope this forum hasn't sunk to drudge report.

Yeah because it would be terrible to give up the Huffington Post gold standard for story sources around here.

Where should I get my news? Cnn- Already proven to have manipulated and covered up stories. Msnbc? I am white and I quit feeling guilty about that years ago. Fox? Bombing everyone in the world I have no interest in. Lets see Drudge links to articles. He rarely does a article on his own. Infowars? He is just a Conspiracy theorists that actually reads government documents and reports on them. Please tell me where to get my news? I really want to be informed.

Akita- my comment was sarcasm. I was indicating that Drudge is probably, generally, a better source than Huffington. I won't tell you where to get your news because I am not convinced there is any place left to get the untarnished truth. The best we can do is check many sources, even those that are ideologically counter to our beliefs, and then make up our minds. And then you can bet that half the people will agree/disagree with the voracity of any issue. It's a real excrement sandwich anymore.

I really hope this forum hasn't sunk to drudge report.

Yeah because it would be terrible to give up the Huffington Post gold standard for story sources around here.

Where should I get my news? Cnn- Already proven to have manipulated and covered up stories. Msnbc? I am white and I quit feeling guilty about that years ago. Fox? Bombing everyone in the world I have no interest in. Lets see Drudge links to articles. He rarely does a article on his own. Infowars? He is just a Conspiracy theorists that actually reads government documents and reports on them. Please tell me where to get my news? I really want to be informed.

Akita- my comment was sarcasm. I was indicating that Drudge is probably, generally, a better source than Huffington. I won't tell you where to get your news because I am not convinced there is any place left to get the untarnished truth. The best we can do is check many sources, even those that are ideologically counter to our beliefs, and then make up our minds. And then you can bet that half the people will agree/disagree with the voracity of any issue. It's a real excrement sandwich anymore.

I was referring to krill, not you jdhusker. that is why I hate typing. misunderstandings. One day i will tell the story of me and a investigative journalist and communicating over the internet. We were on the same side and we had a complete mis understanding. It led to us wanting to almost kill each other/lol. Now we are good once we talked on the phone

I will sometimes also watch Anderson 360 in the evening.

I'm curious what everyone thinks about Anderson, he sometimes falls victim to modern CNN but overall I feel like he covers the issues pretty fairly and very passionately. He was one of the only major News personalities to cover Syria every night in the first few weeks/months when everyone else wanted to put it on the back burner. He actually calls people out too when they're loose with the facts.

Then, they decided they needed to have shows like Nancy Grace. Now, there is a pathetic human being in my eyes. Here is how much I despise that woman. I would watch Maddow over her. :)

Could not agree more. Her, Hannity, Beck, and that Asian woman on Fox News are three human beings that this world would be better off without. Little bias I know but I don't watch MSNBC to call anyone out. Guess I could include those fools on The Five, combine they get my blood boiling like Beck did. Minus the fat Dem guy, he's usually right he just gets ridiculed and shouted down by the others.

I will sometimes also watch Anderson 360 in the evening.

I'm curious what everyone thinks about Anderson, he sometimes falls victim to modern CNN but overall I feel like he covers the issues pretty fairly and very passionately. He was one of the only major News personalities to cover Syria every night in the first few weeks/months when everyone else wanted to put it on the back burner. He actually calls people out too when they're loose with the facts.

Then, they decided they needed to have shows like Nancy Grace. Now, there is a pathetic human being in my eyes. Here is how much I despise that woman. I would watch Maddow over her. :)

Could not agree more. Her, Hannity, Beck, and that Asian woman on Fox News are three human beings that this world would be better off without. Little bias I know but I don't watch MSNBC to call anyone out. Guess I could include those fools on The Five, combine they get my blood boiling like Beck did. Minus the fat Dem guy, he's usually right he just gets ridiculed and shouted down by the others.

I really want to like anderson. i just understand who he use to work for and he makes me nervous. I also know he has gotten on set and said exactly what his bosses wanted him to say. Would I fight Anderson copper in a back alley? The answer is I would try to avoid it. He is a man of many skills. Please do not bring up that he is gay either. So in other words Anderson has to do some soul searching and decide either to get fired or work within the system. But I do find him wanting to just blurt some truths out and catching himself. Human nature when you still have a soul left.

Drudge is probably, generally, a better source than Huffington.

How do you come to that conclusion?

C'mon knapp cut me some slack. I did say "probably" and "generally". But to answer your question, I really do not rely on either., it's just that Huffington definitely has a liberal left lean to it so that automatically moves it down on my list.

Considering that Drudge is one of the worst of the worst, even hedging that with "probably" and "generally" doesn't make it palatable. That's like someone saying Keith Olbermann was probably, generally, a pretty fair and balanced source of news. It's laughable.

To be honest I don't know much about Drudge. What I think I know is that he tends to lean right conservative which is more than enough info for me to consider it at least slightly better than the Huffington Post, which I am much more familiar with, and know it almost always leans hard liberal left. It's not like I'm scouring either one for hard news facts so don't read more into it than was intended. And BTW, if you want to talk about the worst of the worst, you hit the nail on the head with Olbermann. There's not too many people I would wish death on but......lets just say I would probably have a celebratory beer upon that news.

Considering that Drudge is one of the worst of the worst, even hedging that with "probably" and "generally" doesn't make it palatable. That's like someone saying Keith Olbermann was probably, generally, a pretty fair and balanced source of news. It's laughable.

To be honest I don't know much about Drudge. What I think I know is that he tends to lean right conservative which is more than enough info for me to consider it at least slightly better than the Huffington Post, which I am much more familiar with, and know it almost always leans hard liberal left. It's not like I'm scouring either one for hard news facts so don't read more into it than was intended. And BTW, if you want to talk about the worst of the worst, you hit the nail on the head with Olbermann. There's not too many people I would wish death on but......lets just say I would probably have a celebratory beer upon that news.

it seems like your hate of things stems just from how it leans. and that first bold part is a pretty uninformed, unfair standard. huffington post does have its problems, but it has never planted a news story for political ends. the problem with huffington post is all of the stories they cover that are stupid and pointless. a lot of 'pop-news' and other bs like that. but it covers politics, business, and tech fairly well.

• Fire 3

it seems like your hate of things stems just from how it leans. and that first bold part is a pretty uninformed, unfair standard. huffington post does have its problems, but it has never planted a news story for political ends. the problem with huffington post is all of the stories they cover that are stupid and pointless. a lot of 'pop-news' and other bs like that. but it covers politics, business, and tech fairly well.

#1- I did not state that I hate anything in regards to this discussion. So, don't put words in my mouth or attribute more feeling than was intended to what I have said.

#2- I said I was not familiar with Drudge. It seems I may have wrongly assumed they were better based on my political leanings. Based on your link of their apparent shenanigans I will no longer assume they are any better than other partisan sources. (see I'm not all that bullheaded)

#3- I did state that I was more familiar with Huffington Post but that really is not entirely true. I simply have seen them referenced more in this forum and it seems it is usually in support of some issue to which I am opposed. It also sticks in my mind that Arrianna Huffington is a rather well known liberal/progressive type. So, I make my assumptions about HP. But, honestly I don't know much more than that.

Sorry, but as previously stated, I don't rely on either as a source for news. I figured they were both slanted along partisan lines. And, I really don't have the time available to further research if my preconceived notions about them are with merit. But, it doesn't matter, I'm not relying on them or linking them so I'll leave it up to you guys to provide any relevant correcting information. I'll continue to be suspicious of any source. I honestly can't think of one single news source, other than my firsthand experiences, that is completely without bias. I think I am fairly even handed while trying to decipher actual facts from coverage tilt but nobody is immune to letting their personal preferences not impact their understanding to some degree. We aren't machines. We've all had experiences that make us who we are.

#1- I did not state that I hate anything in regards to this discussion. So, don't put words in my mouth or attribute more feeling than was intended to what I have said.

And BTW, if you want to talk about the worst of the worst, you hit the nail on the head with Olbermann. There's not too many people I would wish death on but......lets just say I would probably have a celebratory beer upon that news.

you are correct, you did not say 'hate'. but i got to wonder about the emotional regard you hold towards someone if you predict a celebratory beer over their ultimate demise.

#3- I did state that I was more familiar with Huffington Post but that really is not entirely true. I simply have seen them referenced more in this forum and it seems it is usually in support of some issue to which I am opposed. It also sticks in my mind that Arrianna Huffington is a rather well known liberal/progressive type. So, I make my assumptions about HP. But, honestly I don't know much more than that.

i can only respond to what you say, i can not assume its lack of veracity.

#2- I said I was not familiar with Drudge. It seems I may have wrongly assumed they were better based on my political leanings. Based on your link of their apparent shenanigans I will no longer assume they are any better than other partisan sources. (see I'm not all that bullheaded)

that was all i was trying to demonstrate. they are different and drudge has a shady past. also, i never thought of you as bullheaded.

And BTW, if you want to talk about the worst of the worst, you hit the nail on the head with Olbermann. There's not too many people I would wish death on but......lets just say I would probably have a celebratory beer upon that news.

you are correct, you did not say 'hate'. but i got to wonder about the emotional regard you hold towards someone if you predict a celebratory beer over their ultimate demise.

Well yeah, duh, I hate Olbermann. And to think I used to kind of like him when he was on ESPN..... :dunno

I thought you were referencing hate for Huffington which I do not have.