Maher makes my blood boil

hu5kers

I am by far not a Maher hater, and I love the power his leg gives us, but the coaches, Bo, realize the inconsistency he is having this year. Why are we not trying Mauro Bondi out there? I mean we gave the kid a scholarship, and they were talking about how much we needed to get here, since he is accurate and could nail a 60 yard field goal in his high school days.

I think this is a case where he has all the talent, but it's a mentality / nerves issue right now, and has been really all season.

Very possible we don't have anyone better, or even close.

At some point maybe some threat of accountability will help him re-focus. Or maybe having him pull double duty kicking and punting just isn't a good idea. Henery was always only an adequate punter, too.

Very possible we don't have anyone better, or even close.

We only have Bondi, who is much more inconsistent and doesn't have as high of a ceiling. Have you seen him kick in warmups? He's no where near as good as Maher. He approaches the ball too slow and doesn't tilt it, leading to a soft kick that is highly affected by things like wind and temperature which misses wide left half the time. It's a good thing we don't give him a chance.

We must not have a real punter. He might be a little better at field goals if he could just concentrate on that and that alone.

Thats why I think we should get Bondi out there and have him do kick offs, at least make that one thing Maher doesn't have to do. We used Bondi's redshirt last year, so we are just burning on an eligibility. We offered him a scholarship, so he is obviously good. Better than Maher, maybe not.