Nebraska Opens Up 7 Point Favorite. Who ya got?

Who ya got?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who knows what will happen? If NU has 80-100 yards of penalties and 2-3 turnovers (something they are fairly prone to) and Penn State plays pretty error free (no turnovers say and a few penalties) then PSU wins. If they make a comparable number of errors (turnovers & penalties) relative to NU... NU wins somewhat comfortably... by at least the 7 point spread. If PSU is more error prone than NU (so far this season only MSU and NW have been)... then the Huskers roll in a major way.

NU is far more talented than PSU. If the errors committed by NU are comparable to or lass than those from PSU then NU wins easily. The only hope that PSU has is that NU self destructs and PSU does not... and that is an event with a pretty reasonable probability. My point... PSU cannot beat NU... but NU can beat themselves in a game against PSU.

I know Husker fans have been fairly stoked with this winning streak... and the heart shown by the team is very encouraging. That said, NU played poorly in 3 of the last four games. We won against NW and MSU largely because they played more poorly still.

I'd love to see the Huskers actually play well and up to their skill level with relatively few errors... if so... PSU is toast.

Who knows what will happen? If NU has 80-100 yards of penalties and 2-3 turnovers (something they are fairly prone to) and Penn State plays pretty error free (no turnovers say and a few penalties) then PSU wins. If they make a comparable number of errors (turnovers & penalties) relative to NU... NU wins somewhat comfortably... by at least the 7 point spread. If PSU is more error prone than NU (so far this season only MSU and NW have been)... then the Huskers roll in a major way.

NU is far more talented than PSU. If the errors committed by NU are comparable to or lass than those from PSU then NU wins easily. The only hope that PSU has is that NU self destructs and PSU does not... and that is an event with a pretty reasonable probability. My point... PSU cannot beat NU... but NU can beat themselves in a game against PSU.

I know Husker fans have been fairly stoked with this winning streak... and the heart shown by the team is very encouraging. That said, NU played poorly in 3 of the last four games. We won against NW and MSU largely because they played more poorly still.

I'd love to see the Huskers actually play well and up to their skill level with relatively few errors... if so... PSU is toast.

Totally agree.

Nebraska -7...and if I was a betting man, I would bet big on this. I just see too much going in our favor in this game. Its a home game, we are starting to get some momentum, I like our pass defense against their passing offense, and we are possibly the most dynamic offense they have seen all year. And maybe this is just me drinking too much :koolaid2: , but odds are that one of these games we will take care of the ball and not have so many turnovers. 38-17

Huskers roll.....-7. They have won me LOTS of money this season. Keep doin work!

wait, how? i think we're like 4-5 against the spread this season

I was just thinking the same thing.

Like I posted in another thread. I have picked them out right the past 3 games. Also have parlayed them with other bets and teasers. Got a 10-1 when we lost to OSU to win out. That bet looks damn good now.

Like I posted in another thread. I have picked them out right the past 3 games. Also have parlayed them with other bets and teasers. Got a 10-1 when we lost to OSU to win out. That bet looks damn good now.

Gotcha.

Where'd you get 10-1? If it included only regular season, that seems like pretty bad odds. If it went up through the bowl game it seems like horrifically bad odds.

Either way, you're past the most difficult parts of that bet and hopefully you win.

I actually feel really good about this game. Especially the fact that we are coming off some emotional wins, confidence is high, and we are at home. Lots of years this would be the let down game like there has been in the past. Not this one in my opinion. This team is rolling and I think it continues. This will be a dominant performance by the Big Red.

nebraska down by 7 at end of 3rd....up by 7 at end of 4th

I hope not, commando. The come from behind victories are exciting, but my heart can't take anymore. I really hope that we're up this whole game, haha.

I'm not sure I want to be too far ahead anymore. We like to relax when we have a lead.