Season Turnaround

No we are a terrible team. We suck so much that the entire Mountain West, or WAC could expose us! Bo Pelini shouldn't even coach high school football, Tim Beck can't call plays it's pathetic, and where do you even begin with Barney Cotton!! :sarcasm There I said it so the pessimistic side of Husker Board doesn't have go on about it for four pages.

The season has turned around in a fantastic manner. These Huskers rock it.

I'm not counting my chickens yet though. The last two regular season games should be manageable. But we still need to win the CCG. Wisconsin was looking scary again today... And I hate playing teams twice in the same season!

Fortunately, Minnesota won't come in desperate for a win to be bowl eligible--they just won their sixth today, which should help sate their hunger a bit. Iowa is just a bunch of ineptitude out wandering amok on the field...

...but statistically, the odds are against us winning against Wisky again. Historically IIRC, when college teams play twice, they split the results.

Not only will this team need to not to shoot themselves in the foot against Wisky, we may need this team to beat statistics and mathematical probability.

I look at it this way - the Huskers should have lost that game, so they'll play better next time. (I can hope)

We have a good team, but if we don't clean up the mistakes mentioned then a GOOD team will embarrass us.

Yea whatever you say boss. Oh wait, you and others have been saying this for the last 4 weeks and where has that gotten your credibility?

Isn't it a legitimate comment? We haven't played a top 25 team in the last 4 games. We haven't proven that we can play a GOOD team without the defense giving up huge yards while our offense melts down and turns the ball over. We have a good team with a potent offense and if we win the last two games, a good season. Win the CCG and we had a very good season. Beat a quality opponent in the bowl and we are a GOOD team that had a great season. I'm happy with the season thus far but hope the team finishes strong and shuts up the naysayers.

We have a good team, but if we don't clean up the mistakes mentioned then a GOOD team will embarrass us.

Yea whatever you say boss. Oh wait, you and others have been saying this for the last 4 weeks and where has that gotten your credibility?

Isn't it a legitimate comment? We haven't played a top 25 team in the last 4 games. We haven't proven that we can play a GOOD team without the defense giving up huge yards while our offense melts down and turns the ball over. We have a good team with a potent offense and if we win the last two games, a good season. Win the CCG and we had a very good season. Beat a quality opponent in the bowl and we are a GOOD team that had a great season. I'm happy with the season thus far but hope the team finishes strong and shuts up the naysayers.

Wasn't Michigan ranked in there when we played them?

I believe that his comment "GOOD team will embarrass us", insinuates that we have not beat a good team yet. I disagree with that, just for the simple fact that the teams we beat from the B1G are good. Just because some may not have been ranked doesn't mean they are not good.

Do you think when UCLA and Ohio St. mention they beat NU, their fans say it doesn't matter, because they are no good?

Yes they were. We were unranked and they were #22 IIRC.

I believe that his comment "GOOD team will embarrass us", insinuates that we have not beat a good team yet. I disagree with that, just for the simple fact that the teams we beat from the B1G are good. Just because some may not have been ranked doesn't mean they are not good.

Do you think when UCLA and Ohio St. mention they beat NU, their fans say it doesn't matter, because they are no good?

I guess we could ask some of the OSU people on HB if they thought it was a win against a good team. My impression is that they weren't too concerned before the game because of our performance against UCLA. I believe Michigan dropped out of the top 25 last week.

I can't decide if NU is the worst 8-2 team in the country or by far the most fortunate.

Go away.

Not an attack, just my opinion. Anyone who puts a ton of stock in the top 25, in some cases, is a little foolish. I like us to be ranked up their as high as possible for as far as national perception can get us, but come on. Anyone who didn't think that, before this week, we could have taken it to Louisville HARD is mistaken. They were a top 10 team and I know for a fact we would have won by 4 TD's fairly easily.

I can't decide if NU is the worst 8-2 team in the country or by far the most fortunate.

Go away.

Not an attack, just my opinion. Anyone who puts a ton of stock in the top 25, in some cases, is a little foolish. I like us to be ranked up their as high as possible for as far as national perception can get us, but come on. Anyone who didn't think that, before this week, we could have taken it to Louisville HARD is mistaken. They were a top 10 team and I know for a fact we would have won by 4 TD's fairly easily.

No offense taken. I discount a teams ranking when we play them and wait to see how they finish the season. I didn't take the loss to UCLA too badly just because they weren't ranked. I put a lot of stock in the top 25 at the end of the season. A lot of the rankings get sorted out in the last few weeks of the season and bowl games. Hopefully the B1G does well in the bowls and some of the teams we beat end up in the top 25.

Yes they were. We were unranked and they were #22 IIRC.

And they are ranked 20 this week. Plus Northwestern has been in and out of the polls this whole time.