How many 'Huskerboard' members played football?

funhusker

How Many  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm getting really tired of the 'most knowledgable' fans acting like kindergarteners when officials and coaches make questionable calls or comments.

For example: "Stafford hates Pelini", "Did we deserve the win?", and so on.....

How many members have actually played at a level that they might understand the exchange between player and coach? I'm not saying one coaching method is better than the other, but chances are most of us that played have a connection with Bo's style...

Plenty of idiots who played football just like non-football types. Insignificant question...

BTW I didn't play football...hockey. But I find that my years studying organizational behavior has more applications to sport than any experience with an athletic team I was ever part of.

Insignificant post.

Predictable response

I played Jr High FB in 7th & 8th. Varsity 9th, 10th, then as a Junior, Fat Albert sat on my right foot while it was pointed into the ground. Messed things up pretty well. Was on crutches through the first half of basketball. Skipped Senior year and ran Cross Country instead. (My two older brothers had back or knee surgery as result of FB, so mom suggested maybe cross country would be the best option for my last year. For a Class C white guy in central Nebraska I was pretty fleet and did well in track - sprints. Joined the Army to see the world and learned up close the effects of foul, vulgar yelling in my face. Yelling back was not an option, but it didn't hurt me at all, and I probably deserved most of it.

My bottom line thought is, by 18 years of age, being yelled at due to failed expectations should not be an issue. Yelling back...well...I'm a bit older and it just wasn't heard of, but that was then, this is now.