Ameer Abdullah closing in 1,000 yd mark

Fuzzy

Article on Huskerextra.com mentions that Ameer is 58 yds shy of reaching 1,000 yds rushing.

What an accomplishment for a sophomore to make, especially when he was needed to step up for an injured Burkhead.

I've been looking for the last time a sophomore ran for 1,000 yds, but I've gone back to Solich era and can't find anything. The closest was Burkhead in his sophomore year (990 yds).

2012: 182 attempts, 942 yards, 5.2 yards/carry, 8 TD's; 22 receptions, 164 yards, 7.5 yards/catch, 2 TD's

2011: 42 attempts, 150 yards, 3.6 yards/carry, 3 TD's; 1 reception, 11 yards, 0 TD's

He has obviously had a remarkable year from last year, even on his average per carry. Kids an amazing RB, and will continue to progress. Rex has 3063 rushing yards in his career and averaging 5.2 yards/carry.

Article on Huskerextra.com mentions that Ameer is 58 yds shy of reaching 1,000 yds rushing.

What an accomplishment for a sophomore to make, especially when he was needed to step up for an injured Burkhead.

I've been looking for the last time a sophomore ran for 1,000 yds, but I've gone back to Solich era and can't find anything. The closest was Burkhead in his sophomore year (990 yds).

He will have those 58 yds after 3 carries.

From what I've found, LP was the last husker back to rush for 1000 yards his sophmore year. Ahman had a thousand his freshman but not as a sophmore. Pretty elite company.

Ahman Green was 83 yds short of 1,000. Probably would've gained it, if he wasn't battling through injuries that year.

2012: 182 attempts, 942 yards, 5.2 yards/carry, 8 TD's; 22 receptions, 164 yards, 7.5 yards/catch, 2 TD's

2011: 42 attempts, 150 yards, 3.6 yards/carry, 3 TD's; 1 reception, 11 yards, 0 TD's

He has obviously had a remarkable year from last year, even on his average per carry. Kids an amazing RB, and will continue to progress. Rex has 3063 rushing yards in his career and averaging 5.2 yards/carry.

Man, if he wouldn't have had injuries this year he could have finished in the top 5 for rushing yards.