*** What We Learned ***

walksalone

Learned:

1. The saying is true--bo's defenses really do get better as the year goes on

2. Our stable of young backs is good enough to rest Rex until the Rose Bowl

3. Stanley Jean-Baptiste is going to be a good one

4. Even against a really untalented Minnesota team, we still can't finish a game without turning the ball over

We still manage to give up 14 points due to penalties and turnovers combined. Needs to be cleaned up or it will cost us during our rematch with wiscy.

Not sure if serious.

Serious, but not freaking out over, and I'm pretty surprised everybody is calling me out on this... remember how great we looked during the non-conference games and compare it to this. Against weak teams we looked great, against any decent team we had to make a come back in a close game. We played great, but I think this is an issue that could hurt us later on. I'm proud of the team this year, its just a concern, and imo a valid one. I'm not going to defend the comment any more.

Your point IS valid and here is why:

There is no rule that prevents Pelini from putting in the 2nd team in the 4th quarter, or earlier, in a close game against Wisconsin should we make the B1G championship game. Therefore, it could happen and, if it does, I agree that we'll be in real trouble. If only there was a way we could recommend to Pelini that he not make those substitutions under that particular circumstance.