Iowa sucks.....who can we......oh

I personally dont see the use of taking a second HS TE in this class. Sandland should be our number one priority.

Boaz could play any position in the secondary. I like what we have in terms of what is on our roster at that spot. I agree with a post of yours in a different thread about grabbing a JUCO at that spot. Wouldn't hurt.

My only thought is we lose a lot at TE and have nothing of substance behind them

That we know of. There is Long who has played a bit and looked decent most of the time, dropped passes vs Minn notwithstanding. Sutton and Cotton will be available and we don't know yet what they can provide.

If we are going to rely on sutton and little cotton for the future of our TE position we might as well just go 4 wide every play

Problem is we need help right now, also in the future, but now is when we need the help. So a JUCO best fits that role. Next, I like Cotton at TE and I think Hart is better than the kid from Iowa.

If we are going to rely on sutton and little cotton for the future of our TE position we might as well just go 4 wide every play

Problem is we need help right now, also in the future, but now is when we need the help. So a JUCO best fits that role. Next, I like Cotton at TE and I think Hart is better than the kid from Iowa.

IF we get Sandland I am in total agreement of not taking another HS TE. However if we do not we might as well prepare for the future instead of do nothing. Hart as Wisnieski are both better prospects than sutton or cotton in my eyes

• Plus1 1

IF we get Sandland I am in total agreement of not taking another HS TE. However if we do not we might as well prepare for the future instead of do nothing. Hart as Wisnieski are both better prospects than sutton or cotton in my eyes

I'd take Wisnieski only if we miss on a lot of other guys.

Alsdo would like to add Trey Foster's name to the list of TE that could contribute next year. He got mentioned after the redshirt scrimmage the other day.

So we should rely on a couple walk ons and two guys that should have been walk ons to man the TE position? Hart will develop into a decent TE. Hopefully a few of the previously mentioned players can become serviceable and hold a block

• Plus1 1

Alsdo would like to add Trey Foster's name to the list of TE that could contribute next year. He got mentioned after the redshirt scrimmage the other day.

So we should rely on a couple walk ons and two guys that should have been walk ons to man the TE position? Hart will develop into a decent TE. Hopefully a few of the previously mentioned players can become serviceable and hold a block

If you say Hart will develop into just a serviable TE then the Iowa kid could develop as a serviceable back up to Hart because he is clearly no as good.

I said Hart will develop into a decent TE. That is much different than serviceable. We currently have two decent TEs on our team. Reed can run and catch but can't block= decent and Cotton has actually been a great surprise this season and is a bit better than decent. If Hart equals Cotton I will be very happy.

• Plus1 1

I said Hart will develop into a decent TE. That is much different than serviceable. We currently have two decent TEs on our team. Reed can run and catch but can't block= decent and Cotton has actually been a great surprise this season and is a bit better than decent. If Hart equals Cotton I will be very happy.

How exactly was cotton a great surprise this season? Having a hard time taking you seriously.

He has one more reception this year than he did last year and I don't recall a problem with him dropping the ball at any point in the three years he's started, so I guess I missed the part that was surprising. He has shown good hands though.

And I'm pretty sure that 98% of teams in the country would trade their top two tight ends for our "decent" ones.

Long should be fine next year and I wouldn't sleep on little cotton.

Perhaps I overlooked him due to all the Reed hype. Seems like Cotton is our best TE this season as I would have personally rated Reed better last season. How heavily recruited were Long and lil cotton? Those are more or less walk on players. Also 98% of teams would not trade us for our TEs. I have a feeling the top 10 teams minus KSU would not trade aka less than 98%