Iowa sucks.....who can we......oh

Perhaps I overlooked him due to all the Reed hype. Seems like Cotton is our best TE this season as I would have personally rated Reed better last season. How heavily recruited were Long and lil cotton? Those are more or less walk on players. Also 98% of teams would not trade us for our TEs. I have a feeling the top 10 teams minus KSU would not trade aka less than 98%

Long was a walk on and Sam would have had other options if his name wasnt Cotton and he didnt have a coach at NU for a dad and two older brothers that were Huskers. He wouldn't have had SEC schools knocking, but Big Ten and Twelve schools.

Perhaps I overlooked him due to all the Reed hype. Seems like Cotton is our best TE this season as I would have personally rated Reed better last season. How heavily recruited were Long and lil cotton? Those are more or less walk on players. Also 98% of teams would not trade us for our TEs. I have a feeling the top 10 teams minus KSU would not trade aka less than 98%

Who cares how highly recruited they were at this point? How highly recruited was the other long? You know, his all big ten brother. are we still worrying about how he got here?

In any case, jake long has shown he can play. On the field. Where it matters. Of course the article about an nfl scout calling him a future pro was probably bunk, because what would an nfl scout know. Probably doesn't even know how many stars he had.

And 98% may have been an exaggeration, but not by much. Can you name a better duo of tight ends? How many? (I'll say penn state is the only team I saw with better tight ends. Sims and stoneburner were also good ones in our league, but we're talking duos.)

Long was a walk on and Sam would have had other options if his name wasnt Cotton and he didnt have a coach at NU for a dad and two older brothers that were Huskers. He wouldn't have had SEC schools knocking, but Big Ten and Twelve schools.

That's why he never stood out when watching a high school game or how few of stars he received...his brother Ben at the very least was regarded ranking wise very similar to Hart. The two other cotton boys got schollies cuz they are cottons. I hope that I am wrong but only time will tell

That's why he never stood out when watching a high school game or how few of stars he received...his brother Ben at the very least was regarded ranking wise very similar to Hart. The two other cotton boys got schollies cuz they are cottons. I hope that I am wrong but only time will tell

If Bo was going to offer scholarships to family members of his coaching staff who didn't deserve it then why wouldn't he have his own flesh and blood on scholarship?

If Bo was going to offer scholarships to family members of his coaching staff who didn't deserve it then why wouldn't he have his own flesh and blood on scholarship?

You mean Tim Marlowe? Or our lovely 3rd string center Mark?

We've found our newest troll.

Hard to begin with this stretch here:

1) Before Jake Cotton got hurt, he was looking at starting at guard his RS Freshman year

2) Sam has a bright Husker future

3) Tim Marlowe who's mother I have met twice and had nice conversations with, is not related to Bo. Tim's mom and Mary Pat are cousins. So Tim isn't related.

4) Mark Pelini is a walk on.

Anything else I'm leaving out?

1) is he still hurt?

2) yet to be seen hope he makes me eat crow

3) I was mistaken and wrong as I was under the impression Tim was on Bo's side with relation not his wife's.

4) I knew Mark was a walk on. However how in the heck was he our 2nd best option at C???

I think you might see someone else start at center next week.

1) is he still hurt?

2) yet to be seen hope he makes me eat crow

3) I was mistaken and wrong as I was under the impression Tim was on Bo's side with relation not his wife's.

4) I knew Mark was a walk on. However how in the heck was he our 2nd best option at C???

I think you might see someone else start at center next week.

I am going to with Pensick or perhaps one of our young guns that we have not heard much about lately.... :ahhhhhhhh