***Official Expert Predictions Thread: Nebraska vs. Iowa***

GSG

No. 14 NEBRASKA at IOWA

Brian Bennett: Iowa needs a hero and will be holding out for one until the end of the night. Not happening. Nebraska is on a roll right now, and will push around a Hawkeyes team that has little to play for and no ability to keep up with the Huskers on the scoreboard. Taylor Martinez puts up one last argument for Big Ten offensive player of the year honors with 100 yards rushing and 200 yards passing as Nebraska punches its ticket to Indy. ... Nebraska 38, Iowa 17

Adam Rittenberg: As you wrote last week, there's no stopping the Huskers now. Bo Pelini's team knows what it needs to do, and everyone has taken care of business against Iowa's flat-lining defense in recent weeks. Martinez continues his major awards push with four total touchdowns (three passing, one rushing), and RB Ameer Abdullah adds a long scoring run as Nebraska leads throughout and earns the right to represent the Legends Division at the championship game. ... Nebraska 35, Iowa 10

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/65924/big-ten-predictions-week-13-2

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/65943/what-to-watch-in-the-big-ten-week-13-5

2. Bo knows: Stunned by his team's performance in a 63-38 loss to Ohio State, Nebraska coach Bo Pelini sat in the visitors' media room at Ohio Stadium and said, "Like I just told the football team, we need to win out. We need to win out." Few thought it would happen, and even Pelini's faith had to be wavering a bit at that low point. But Nebraska has won five consecutive games, rallying for three of the victories, and need only beat slumping Iowa in the Heroes Game to punch its ticket to Indianapolis. The Huskers have ridden the roller coaster all season, but they'd need a serious derailment in Iowa City not to fulfill Pelini's pledge.

4. Conduct business in Iowa City

Kirk Ferentz has major issues at Iowa. His team is going to have its first losing season since 2001 — which is simultaneously both a credit and debit on his resume — and these Hawkeyes should pose little threat to the Nebraska Cornhuskers title run. With a win, Bo Pelini will have led the Big Red to the Big Ten championship game in only its second season in the league. Taylor Martinez, who could push Braxton Miller for Player of the Year honors should Ohio State lose to Michigan, should have no issue carving up a Hawks defense that has looked anything but what a Ferentz-coached defense normally looks like. SEE: Devin Gardner's stat line from last week. This should be a corn-onation of sorts for Pelini and Martinez.

Braden Gall.....Nebraska, 34-10

Mitch Light....Nebraska, 30-10

Steven Lassan.......Nebraska, 31-14

David Fox.......Nebraska, 35-10

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-week-13-preview-and-predictions

ATS:

Dennis Dodd......Neb

Bruce Feldman..Neb

Tom Fornelli.......Neb

Jerry Hinnen.......Iowa

Matt Hinton........Neb

Chip Patterson..Neb

Straight-up:

Dennis Dodd......Neb

Bruce Feldman..Neb

Tom Fornelli.......Neb

Jerry Hinnen.......Neb

Matt Hinton........Neb

Chip Patterson..Neb

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/13

Nebraska (9-2, 6-1) at Iowa (4-7, 2-5) - noon ET, Friday, ABC

Tom’s pick: Nebraska, 35-13 – This will be like a de facto home game for the Cornhuskers. The Kinnick stands will be packed with red, as Nebraska will clinch the Legends Division crown vs. a slumping Hawkeye squad that has lost five in a row.

Brent’s pick: Nebraska, 41-10One of the Big Ten’s hottest teams meets one of the coldest teams, and there’s absolutely no indication either is about to change its course.

http://btn.com/2012/11/21/week-13-we-predict-all-six-big-ten-games/

What is the spread? Due to internet restrictions at work, I can't look lol.

Opened at 14.5. I got in the other day at 12.5.

I have always been interested, but I hate losing lol. Winning is the best part of course. As you can tell, I am not much of a risk taker with money lol.

I usually don't bet on Husker games. I'll get in on some prop bets. For example, one week they had O/U on Enunwa catches at 7. Easy money. When I saw the line at 12.5, I couldn't resist.

Obviously unanimous but I'm worried about damn turnovers. You guess.......how many turnovers against us? I predict five, three fumbles and two picks in freezing temperature w/ gusty winds........at least better than Iowa St. in 2009. If I remember right, eight turnovers.

Keep in mind NU turnover margin ranks 105 or something like that out of 120. In contrary, Iowa boasts #1 in BIG conference.

What Will Happen: Can Nebraska commit so many turnovers, that the Iowa offense can get the breaks it needs? Can Iowa play at just enough of a high level at home to pull off the shocker? Yes and yes, and it still won’t matter. The Nebraska offense is playing too well with Taylor Martinez just strong enough to overcome a few big errors to lead the way to a surprisingly tough win. The Huskers will pull it out, but they’ll be in for a fight.

CFN Prediction: Nebraska 27 … Iowa 23

ATS Consultants Line (Click for more lines and picks) Nebraska -14.5 O/U: 53

Must Watch Rating (5 – Beware of Mr. Baker, 1 – Life of Pi): 3

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1242639.html