So who really believed that we would go 6-0 after the OSU game?

Apathy

I had no belief at all. There was some hope for sure. Now I am more perplexed then ever ... are we heading in the right direction? Personally, I would feel more confident with a few deserved wins and obvious losses for defined reasons. As is ... I am left with a new brand of mistake ridden, undisciplined football that is masked by one to two quarters of good or great play that is enough to be 10-2 in a bad conference and it seems "acceptable". It is every half time and every week that we are told of all the mistakes and how correctable they are ... only to endure them for the first half of another game.

It is like a stock that is making it's numbers even though it isn't executing it's strategy. The board of diectors and investors are happy but the "bigger picture guy" knows their are problems on the horizon that threaten the long term goals.

Thus, "congrats" are in order and I want to sell the stock and take the profit.

Sure is weird to be a RED kool-aid drinker this whole time and now feel on a different page and we are 10-2.

I just wanna pry on your theory in the bold. So you would rather the team against NW, Mich St, and Penn St quit and get run off the field after making the mistakes to be in those situation. Trust me, no one on that team is satisfied, but to show the courage and fight to find a way to win after putting themselves in that position is very encouraging. It's just an intangible that is nice to know we have. They know there are issues and I guarantee no one is deeming this as "acceptable". But a win is a win. You take'em however you can get'em. You dont just wish to give back a win because we didnt "deserve" (whether or not we did is a whole'nother discussion) it because youre afraid our mistake-ridden style is becoming acceptable.

Just trying to put out some encouraging words for ya. I think youre a little too down considering. :thumbs

Huskerfans!

What a cool two years. This year a little cooler than last year, for obvious reasons ;)

It's been awesome adding you guys to the conference. Historically, when I think college football, Nebraska football is one of the first 5-6 schools that immediately come to mind.

I really hope you guys destroy Wisconsin in the B10 championship game and then beat UCLA or Stanford in the Rose Bowl. Come to think about, that'd be crazy if you and UCLA play 3 times in a calendar year.

How many of your best guys are seniors? Your schedule sets up great for next year. UCLA at home in a high profile game that will enhance your status will the pollsters with a win. Ohio State(bummed we can't play you every year) and Wisconsin drop off the schedule in favor of Illinois and Purdue(try not to salivate) Michigan and Penn State are both on the road, but at worst you lose just one of those.

I fully expect to see you guys in the B10 Championship game next year with you guys as a top 10, 1 loss team.

Huskerfans!

What a cool two years. This year a little cooler than last year, for obvious reasons ;)

It's been awesome adding you guys to the conference. Historically, when I think college football, Nebraska football is one of the first 5-6 schools that immediately come to mind.

I really hope you guys destroy Wisconsin in the B10 championship game and then beat UCLA or Stanford in the Rose Bowl. Come to think about, that'd be crazy if you and UCLA play 3 times in a calendar year.

How many of your best guys are seniors? Your schedule sets up great for next year. UCLA at home in a high profile game that will enhance your status will the pollsters with a win. Ohio State(bummed we can't play you every year) and Wisconsin drop off the schedule in favor of Illinois and Purdue(try not to salivate) Michigan and Penn State are both on the road, but at worst you lose just one of those.

I fully expect to see you guys in the B10 Championship game next year with you guys as a top 10, 1 loss team.

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the board. As far as your bolded, not many. We lose both tight ends and Rex Burkhead on offense and that's about it - defense loses quite a bit as far as starters, but we've got guys coming back at every position who have a good amount of experience and snaps.

Hoped we could win out, but wouldn't have put any money on it. Getting to 10 wins when most on here had us at 9 wins or less is still a good accomplishment. Win one or two more and we will have had, one hell of a good year. I hate it when someone post on here , on how we beat up on a couple of cream puffs, to make our record look better. Every top team has them on their schedule, that's where you see who can play and your offense and defense schemes are worked on.

GBR!!!