Dirk Chatelain

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121201/HUSKERS/712019792/1002#chatelain-old-us-ominously-returns

"You know the damnedest thing?

We thought they'd win. Almost everyone. That's the difference between this Big Ten championship and debacles of the past decade.

We woke up Saturday morning thinking this was the day — finally — Nebraska would bury the ghosts and dance on their grave. This was the day Nebraska would throw that 500-pound gorilla off its back and set its eyes on bigger dreams.

Instead, the 2012 season unfolded like a bad game of Chutes and Ladders. Struggle to the top, roll the wrong number and slide all the way down.

That's a lot of metaphors for four paragraphs. Bo Pelini volunteered another.

“Shock doesn't even begin to explain it,” Pelini said. “It was like a leaking boat. ... I've never been part of a game like that. At the end of the day, it falls on me. It falls directly on my shoulders.”

Bo deserves it....year five here we are. Big stage is always a loss. Heck it wasn't like we were playing Bama

We played awful. No excuses and Bo took the blame.

I've watched a ton of Wisconsin games this year and I really didn't recognize a single set they ran last night.

Bo deserves it....year five here we are. Big stage is always a loss. Heck it wasn't like we were playing Bama

I've watched a ton of Wisconsin games this year and I really didn't recognize a single set they ran last night.

We weren't prepared and got so out coached it is sickening

We weren't prepared and got so out coached it is sickening

It appeared we were prepared for something entirely different than what was run. Turning the ball over as many times as we did can't happen.

I don't think we could have played any worse even if we tried. I honestly think we would have had to try to play worse.

Bo himself said he saw those plays, 99% of them to be exact, and they practiced against them. During the game they showed the same plays from this year and the previous year, so they have been run.

Bo himself said he saw those plays, 99% of them to be exact, and they practiced against them. During the game they showed the same plays from this year and the previous year, so they have been run.

If Bo and I disagree fine. Could have been Bo just not wanting to make an excuse. I mean, we all know Bo tells the media everything.

In my personal opinion, they were different sets. Could have been variations of things they'd run sure.

Well, sometimes its not the plays they are running, it can be how they block them.

+1

People tend to get to caught up in how a play looks, when really, most of the time, it is the blocking scheme that decides what happens. Just a guess here but I would say everything they watched on film told NU to crash their ends inside (unconventional most of the time) and set the edge with a safety (just guessing), essentially then, you are playing 4 gaps with 4 players.

Wisconsin must have assumed that NU would do that, let them crash in, pull a bigger player around and you have a great match up.

• Fire 1