To be the man you've got to beat the man.

To be honest, this is how i wanted it to go. I personally wanted to lose to Wisconson and either play Alabama or Georgia in a lesser bowl. But i didnt want to lose like that, to have every thing exposed and to truly show how terrible we are. As Ric Flare used to say. To be the man youve got to beat the man. We have a chance to play one of the best teams in the country. In the best conference in the country, who was 5 yards from playing in the Title game. This, this moment right here is the defining moment. I honestly feel that this is Bos greatest game he could ever coach. To play one of the big boys. To be really honest i still dont think we have a chance in hell, buttttt to be here at this opportunity is a great thing. This is a defineing moment for this Team, These players, and The Coaches. Time to put it all on the line bo cuz were counting on you.

• Fire 1

To be honest, this is how i wanted it to go. I personally wanted to lose to Wisconson and either play Alabama or Georgia in a lesser bowl. But i didnt want to lose like that, to have every thing exposed and to truly show how terrible we are. As Ric Flare used to say. To be the man youve got to beat the man. We have a chance to play one of the best teams in the country. In the best conference in the country, who was 5 yards from playing in the Title game. This, this moment right here is the defining moment. I honestly feel that this is Bos greatest game he could ever coach. To play one of the big boys. To be really honest i still dont think we have a chance in hell, buttttt to be here at this opportunity is a great thing. This is a defineing moment for this Team, These players, and The Coaches. Time to put it all on the line bo cuz were counting on you.

Love it! This had better be the players' mentality as well.

i dont give us a chance in hell. i think we could make a game out of it with a good Dline, but we are so beat up and have such a talent gap on the lines (more defensive than offensive) that they will run the ball all over us, especially if cam starts at DT again. He was getting absolutely blown up on every play. We have such horrible depth at DT its pathetic.

Love it! This had better be the players' mentality as well.

Oh, I get it. The players lost on purpose so they could play a tougher team and show the world how good they are. Right.

He means making the most out of a bad situation and looking at this positively. Sure it'd be better to go BCS bowling and play Stanford, but we now have a shot to prove it against a team that very nearly played for the national championship. This is a huge opportunity.

I'm stoked by the opponent. Glad that after that defeat, we're not playing some other second-tier five loss team, but instead are playing the best of the best.

This certainly IS an opportunity.

I believe we are loaded for next year. A win against UGA could still mean a top 10 start for next year, which would erase the horrible CCG from most people's minds.

A loss could be devastating, though, and affect the players and coaches through all of next season.

Many of us didn't harbor huge dreams for this year, and were thinking next year would be the barometer to judge Pelini. I still feel that way. We exceeded my hopes, this year, and I hope we are in the game against UGA. If we get blown out, it will be very hard to expect our team to be ready to conquer the world next season.

With respect,

Flood

This certainly IS an opportunity.

I believe we are loaded for next year. A win against UGA could still mean a top 10 start for next year, which would erase the horrible CCG from most people's minds.

A loss could be devastating, though, and affect the players and coaches through all of next season.

Many of us didn't harbor huge dreams for this year, and were thinking next year would be the barometer to judge Pelini. I still feel that way. We exceeded my hopes, this year, and I hope we are in the game against UGA. If we get blown out, it will be very hard to expect our team to be ready to conquer the world next season.

With respect,

Flood

there is nothing that will erase the memory of that B1G CCG. i would put it only behind CO in 01 as the worst loss in this programs history post bob devaney era...wasnt around before that..

I don't know if we really need to be tested any more this season, but since there's another tough one coming up, we need to beat Geo, period. Do that and it might help recruiting, boost next years early ranking, [helps if you want a title shot, without having to jump 9 or 10 teams to get one] instill some confidence in the returning players, and the staff, [the staff needs it] takes a little sting off the Wis, beat down [ that one will sting for awhile]. I don't think many of us saw us doing as well this year. I thought next year was the one to point to, probably still is.

We probably don't stand a snowballs chance in hell, Jan 1st, but stranger things have happened.

GBR!!!

If we get blown out, no post season ranking, no erasing the pathetic excuse of a B1G championship and lucky to be ranked pre-season AND probably cost us some recruits.

After USC last year, and Raymond's comments about look at them and look at us, thes eguys need to learn how to get punched in the mouth etc, I would hope our guys would be mad at the world angry. However, IMO, the lack of fire or anger shown when Borland body slammed Martinez and when the other guy went for his knees and the O did nothing leads me to believe that they do not have this "anger, fire or nastiness" needed.................Wisky punched us HARD and we folded like cheap laundry.

If we get blown out, no post season ranking, no erasing the pathetic excuse of a B1G championship and lucky to be ranked pre-season AND probably cost us some recruits.

After USC last year, and Raymond's comments about look at them and look at us, thes eguys need to learn how to get punched in the mouth etc, I would hope our guys would be mad at the world angry. However, IMO, the lack of fire or anger shown when Borland body slammed Martinez and when the other guy went for his knees and the O did nothing leads me to believe that they do not have this "anger, fire or nastiness" needed.................Wisky punched us HARD and we folded like cheap laundry.

I keep reading about this Borland dude and how he "body slammed" Martinez to the ground. I didn't see the play. Out of respect to my tv and out of fear of throwing my remote thru the screen, I stopped watching the game just before halftime. But it baffles me how people are all sorts of pissed off and bitching about this Borland dude when it seems Suh did the same types of things (McCoy, Gabbert, etc.) yet people praised him and thought nothing of it. I guess it's ok when our guys are administering the punishment to our opponents QB but when our QB gets tackled, the other guys are "dirty" players.