Husker Assistants Recognized by ... (gasp) ... ESPN

Mavric

Big Ten's Best Assistants in 2012

Tim Beck, Nebraska, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks: The second-year play caller oversaw the Big Ten's top offense, which averaged 462.2 yards per game (24th nationally) and 35.1 points per game (28th nationally). Junior quarterback Taylor Martinez made significant strides under Beck's watch, and Nebraska survived the loss of star running back Rex Burkhead for most of the season thanks to contributions from Ameer Abdullah and others.

Rich Fisher, Nebraska, wide receivers: Nebraska isn't known for its wide receiver play, but things are changing under Fisher's watch. Led by standout sophomore Kenny Bell, the Huskers' top three receivers combined for 1,657 yards and 11 touchdowns on 115 receptions. Just as important, the receiving corps helped Nebraska's bread-and-butter run game with effective blocking throughout the season. Fisher's hiring after the 2010 season raised some eyebrows, as he had taken a break from college coaching, returned to the high school ranks and also served as a golf instructor in Massachusetts. But he definitely looks like a great addition to Bo Pelini's staff.

Fisher is a pleasant surprise. He's doing a standup job thus far. My primary concern when he was hired was the run-blocking support which has been so dominant in the past. I think it's about as good as it's ever been. Enunwa and Bell are a couple of the best, and they do it without complaining about not getting the ball enough.

Going into next year it will be hard to argue with the people that come out saying we have the best WRs, and best RBs in the league. I'd argue we'll have the best QB - but then somehow Braxton Miller just finished in the top 7 of the Heisman voting so I think Taylor is going to have to earn that next year. If he had the OL Ohio State puts on the field there wouldn't be any question...

Fisher is a pleasant surprise. He's doing a standup job thus far. My primary concern when he was hired was the run-blocking support which has been so dominant in the past. I think it's about as good as it's ever been. Enunwa and Bell are a couple of the best, and they do it without complaining about not getting the ball enough.

Going into next year it will be hard to argue with the people that come out saying we have the best WRs, and best RBs in the league. I'd argue we'll have the best QB - but then somehow Braxton Miller just finished in the top 7 of the Heisman voting so I think Taylor is going to have to earn that next year. If he had the OL Ohio State puts on the field there wouldn't be any question...

Ohio State also faced some very weak rushing defense schools, where he took fine advantage of running up his stats.

Only way I see Taylor being in the Heisman race, is if he keeps the ball off the ground. I think he will run with pride and a chip on his shoulder next year. He doesn't have another year to play, so he will go with a bang.

Big Ten's Best Assistants in 2012

Tim Beck, Nebraska, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks: The second-year play caller oversaw the Big Ten's top offense, which averaged 462.2 yards per game (24th nationally) and 35.1 points per game (28th nationally). Junior quarterback Taylor Martinez made significant strides under Beck's watch, and Nebraska survived the loss of star running back Rex Burkhead for most of the season thanks to contributions from Ameer Abdullah and others.

Rich Fisher, Nebraska, wide receivers: Nebraska isn't known for its wide receiver play, but things are changing under Fisher's watch. Led by standout sophomore Kenny Bell, the Huskers' top three receivers combined for 1,657 yards and 11 touchdowns on 115 receptions. Just as important, the receiving corps helped Nebraska's bread-and-butter run game with effective blocking throughout the season. Fisher's hiring after the 2010 season raised some eyebrows, as he had taken a break from college coaching, returned to the high school ranks and also served as a golf instructor in Massachusetts. But he definitely looks like a great addition to Bo Pelini's staff.

Obviously we didn't win the conference or national title etc, this team isn't as good as the 90's etc, Osborne etc etc. Fire everyone etc ettc

Ohio State also faced some very weak rushing defense schools, where he took fine advantage of running up his stats.

Only way I see Taylor being in the Heisman race, is if he keeps the ball off the ground. I think he will run with pride and a chip on his shoulder next year. He doesn't have another year to play, so he will go with a bang.

Like Nebraska? :)

Fisher is a VERY pleasant surprise. Our WRs did a much better job of catching the ball than in the recent past. Seems like the previous few years our guys have dropped a lot of catchable balls. Not this year though. :thumbs:

Obviously we didn't win the conference or national title etc, this team isn't as good as the 90's etc, Osborne etc etc. Fire everyone etc ettc

....getting old seeing the board splattered with crap like this. thanks for contributing. derp.

oh sorry, I didn't add a derp to the end of my sentence to signal I was being sarcastic, I thought the 6 etc etc's woudl idicate that.

DERP

• Fire 1

Out of our 13 games, 6 of those were against top 25 rush defenses. Oregon faced two in the top 50 their whole schedule. Ohio State faced Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue, very weak rush defenses. 7 conference games, only two games not top 25 in rush defense was Iowa and Minnesota. So no, not like Nebraska. :)

Out of our 13 games, 6 of those were against top 25 rush defenses. Oregon faced two in the top 50 their whole schedule. Ohio State faced Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue, very weak rush defenses. 7 conference games, only two games not top 25 in rush defense was Iowa and Minnesota. So no, not like Nebraska. :)

no, i mean like Nebraska - as in we were one of the pathetic rush defenses (maybe the worse?) that Ohio State was able to face in order to rack up monster rush yards.

no, i mean like Nebraska - as in we were one of the pathetic rush defenses (maybe the worse?) that Ohio State was able to face in order to rack up monster rush yards.

Lol we sure in the hell didn't help them run it up, thats for sure! Same for Wisconsin. I am rather impressed with our rushing offense this year, with the defenses we have faced to be just shy of Oregon.

....getting old seeing the board splattered with crap like this. thanks for contributing. derp.

Yep. Read this yesterday and I wish the dipsh*t fans of Nebraska would think about the crap they spew a little.

Pete Roussel@coachingsearch

Fan base unity is critical. The vibe significantly helps recruiting. The way you win a championship is by everyone working together.