Nebraska Fan talking to Bama Fan

C N Red

After watching the bowl games thus far, I'd say Bama' faces a much tougher challenge than most previously thought. The SEC while winning a majority of their bowls have looked extremely vulnerable. While I don't want to take anything away from Clemson, LSU completely laid an egg.

SEC easily could have gone 0-4 yesterday over NYE and New Years Day.

After watching the bowl games thus far, I'd say Bama' faces a much tougher challenge than most previously thought. The SEC while winning a majority of their bowls have looked extremely vulnerable. While I don't want to take anything away from Clemson, LSU completely laid an egg.

SEC easily could have gone 0-4 yesterday over NYE and New Years Day.

THIS

The point is that Bama's title last year is as outright as the one we shared with Michigan, beings Bama shouldn've even had to opportunity to play for it.

But is it really outright when the system is basically rigged for you and your conference to have an almost automatic NC bid as long as you drop no more than 1 game? Is it really outright when you didn't win your own conference had one loss, and another team with only one loss from and AQ won their conference and got snubbed?

The point is that Bama's title last year is as outright as the one we shared with Michigan, beings Bama shouldn've even had to opportunity to play for it.

But is it really outright when the system is basically rigged for you and your conference to have an almost automatic NC bid as long as you drop no more than 1 game? Is it really outright when you didn't win your own conference had one loss, and another team with only one loss from and AQ won their conference and got snubbed?

I think youre reading into my comments as if I'm disagreeing with you. I'm trying to point out that Bama's title last year wasnt nearly outright. :D

I agree with you. The overblown perception of the supposed SEC dominance triculates to the human polls, which have a great effect on the BCS Standings making it pretty easy for an SEC team with only one loss (or 2 for that matter) to make the title game. Or even worse, two SEC teams period.

I think youre reading into my comments as if I'm disagreeing with you. I'm trying to point out that Bama's title last year wasnt nearly outright. :D

I agree with you. The overblown perception of the supposed SEC dominance triculates to the human polls, which have a great effect on the BCS Standings making it pretty easy for an SEC team with only one loss (or 2 for that matter) to make the title game. Or even worse, two SEC teams period.

Oh, you sly dog you! I think this cold messed up my sense of context, I knew we were usually on the same page. We really need some of those Georgia boys in here for their side of the story. I like them, but they still have SEC blinders on.

I guess if this is the game that is to be played then Penn State should have at least won a co-championship in 1994 as they were also undefeated. Over the years, there's been plenty of instances where a team shouldn't have played for it. We shouldn't have played for it in 01. OU shouldn't have played for it in 03. It is what it is. Even though it appears we're headed to some sort of playoff, there's still going to be instances where someone gets in that shouldn't especially if they stick with the conference championship qualification.

We had a great run in the mid-90's. Bama' is having a great run now. Florida had a great run a few years back. Why can't we just leave it at that? You could as ten fans of different teams across the country, and you'd get several different answers.

While there's validity to that Junior, Nebraska was never predestined to be in position to win a championship by simply being in the right conference. How can a two teams lose to the same opponent, one at home and one on a neutral field at the begin of the year, and one team drops only 1 spots while the other drops 10? Something is seriously wrong there.

I guess if this is the game that is to be played then Penn State should have at least won a co-championship in 1994 as they were also undefeated. Over the years, there's been plenty of instances where a team shouldn't have played for it. We shouldn't have played for it in 01. OU shouldn't have played for it in 03. It is what it is. Even though it appears we're headed to some sort of playoff, there's still going to be instances where someone gets in that shouldn't especially if they stick with the conference championship qualification.

We had a great run in the mid-90's. Bama' is having a great run now. Florida had a great run a few years back. Why can't we just leave it at that? You could as ten fans of different teams across the country, and you'd get several different answers.

I wont disagree with Penn St maybe deserving a share in 94. Other side of the coin? It's their fault, yes theirs, as well as Michigan in '97, that they are in a conference that disallows their best team ranked that high to play the legitimate 1 or 2 ranked team for the NC. They wanted their Rose Bowl against Oregon and Washington St. and got it, and it cost them a share AND outright title in a 4 year span.

Nebraska is the one that played a #3 Miami on their home field. Nebraska is the one that played a Peyton Manning led, #3 ranked Tennessee and destroyed them.