Obama/Jersey/Sandy

It was a pretty douchey response...

You're seriously going to start calling people out about being douchey?

potmeetkettle.jpg

This isn't about me, but you...

You used to be decent, but past few weeks, you've had plenty of sand. Not sure what the cause is, but I hope it works out for you in the end...

And you didn't respond to the other part, which is more important than my assessment of your current behavior...

Edited by walksalone

You're making it about me and you. You have some bee in your bonnet about me lately, and I couldn't care less. You need to keep it in the shed, and keep some perspective about what you're griping about. You are in NO position to tell me I'm behaving poorly based on your last couple of months. If you want to make it public, we can talk about your recent brushes with discipline, and how close you've come to suspension and/or being banned. We can talk about the PMs I've sent you cautioning you to chill out, which you've ignored. We can talk about all of that, very publicly, just like you're very publicly calling me out, or we can have a private conversation, or we can realize this isn't a very good idea.

As for this:

Gov't has to pass a bill to give those affected by the storm, aid. But if this was GWB, people would be going bonkers, lighting him up at every opportunity. So the POTUS is a spectator when Americans are in need? He's not just a figurehead, he does wield some power...

What does this have to do with Obama? Bush got raked over the coals for failing to do anything for people trapped by the hurricane. Obama is getting raked over the coals because congress (not Obama, CONGRESS) has failed to act. Obama acted - he was there the next day, he got emergency relief to Sandy victims, and he did what his office's powers allow him to do. Bush didn't. Both were castigated. One deserved castigation, one didn't.

Seriously? OK, I'll play along. How should Obama "push congress?"

Interesting question. If you google "Obama "I will push congress". you will find a number of quotes where he says that about an issue. Let me know how he does it on those issues and you will have your answer.

Including the very first result on that search, where Obama "pushed congress." And yet, this isn't good enough, but you have no scorn for Boehner. Partisan politics, man.

Obama Urges Action on Sandy Aid as NJ Lawmakers Blast Congress' Failure to Vote

Under intense pressure from angry Republicans, House Speaker John Boehner agreed Wednesday to a vote this week on aid for Superstorm Sandy recovery.

The speaker will schedule a vote Friday for $9 billion for the national flood insurance program and another on Jan. 15 for a remaining $51 billion in the package, Republican Rep. Peter King of New York said after emerging from a meeting with Boehner and GOP lawmakers from New York and New Jersey. The votes will be taken by the new Congress that will be sworn in Thursday.

Knapp...

You have been the most partisan person in this entire thread. If you read my first post, I include congress. BUT, God forbid someone questions Obama and you go bonkers.

BTW....it's kind of funny that you use a quote from AFTER the issue where congress was getting lambasted for not voting on the bill.

You're making it about me and you. You have some bee in your bonnet about me lately, and I couldn't care less. You need to keep it in the shed, and keep some perspective about what you're griping about. You are in NO position to tell me I'm behaving poorly based on your last couple of months. If you want to make it public, we can talk about your recent brushes with discipline, and how close you've come to suspension and/or being banned. We can talk about the PMs I've sent you cautioning you to chill out, which you've ignored. We can talk about all of that, very publicly, just like you're very publicly calling me out, or we can have a private conversation, or we can realize this isn't a very good idea.

First, as for perspective of what I'm griping about, let me tell you a thing or two, about a thing or two. I got to drive to work during the storm, deal with all the bullsh*t afterward, so I've got plenty of perspective on it. You weren't here, so you should probably rethink you're statement.

I don't hide anything, I'm just pointing something out. Have I said things that could be construed as not popular, yes. HveI been warned before, yeah, big deal. I was lit up for saying something about Beck. As for somebody that has a bee in their bonnet, that seems to be you, and I guess I'll take the road of caring less myself.

The only difference between you and me, is that you're a mod. I thought Mod's were a bit more accountable, held to a higher standard. As for me being in no position to tell you that I think you're behaving poorly, then thats tough. I am merely exercising my right to speak my mind, and if we disagree, then I guess we'll disagree, and that's that.

As for this:

Gov't has to pass a bill to give those affected by the storm, aid. But if this was GWB, people would be going bonkers, lighting him up at every opportunity. So the POTUS is a spectator when Americans are in need? He's not just a figurehead, he does wield some power...

What does this have to do with Obama? Bush got raked over the coals for failing to do anything for people trapped by the hurricane. Obama is getting raked over the coals because congress (not Obama, CONGRESS) has failed to act. Obama acted - he was there the next day, he got emergency relief to Sandy victims, and he did what his office's powers allow him to do. Bush didn't. Both were castigated. One deserved castigation, one didn't.

Obama's the president, and instead of sitting back watching congress accomplish nothing to help the people that were affected, get both sides together and act as a mediator to hammer out a plan. Being President means being a leader and making some sort of concerted effort to help people that really need it. If I'm wrong in asking the "Commander in Chief" to be more vocal about helping those that need it, then what in the hell do we have a president for.

Obama's the president, and instead of sitting back watching congress accomplish nothing to help the people that were affected, get both sides together and act as a mediator to hammer out a plan. Being President means being a leader and making some sort of concerted effort to help people that really need it. If I'm wrong in asking the "Commander in Chief" to be more vocal about helping those that need it, then what in the hell do we have a president for.

Please describe, in the framework of our constitution, how the president will do this.

Please describe, in the framework of our constitution, how the president will do this.

Um, by asking both sides to sit down with him, and hammer out the plan to help people out that were affected by Sandy, as I stated. By doing this publicly, it would put pressure on both sides to come up with a partisan plan to get aid to people that need it.

Kinda simple if you ask me.

And while you're whinging about the president needing to "be more vocal," how do you feel about the Speaker of the House, whose job it is to call this bill to a vote, not only NOT doing that, but not even explaining to the governor of New Jersey why he didn't? He wouldn't even take Christie's phone calls.

Explain why Obama is more to blame for the aid not getting to the victims than Boehner. Please.

And while you're whinging about the president needing to "be more vocal," how do you feel about the Speaker of the House, whose job it is to call this bill to a vote, not only NOT doing that, but not even explaining to the governor of New Jersey why he didn't? He wouldn't even take Christie's phone calls.

Explain why Obama is more to blame for the aid not getting to the victims than Boehner. Please.

I never said he was at fault. Never have I said the president is at fault. You need to differenciate between me and the OP. Those who lead, govern, and make policies for this nation are to blame. They're supposed to be there for their constituients during the time of crisis.

I love how you won't name a Republican specifically. Excellent.

Thats being shortsighted. It's not a republican problem, not a democrat problem, or a president problem.

It's a problem of those that lead this country.

You're showing one of the major reasons this country is so f*cked up. You have to blame the other side with such venom, that the problem at hand gets overlooked.

What "other side?" I'm a registered independent. I have no "side." I simply call it as the facts dictate. Boehner is to blame here, not Obama, not anyone else. Boehner. The absolute refusal by any Republican to accept this is why we're in the mess we're in. Keep voting this guy and his cronies into office and you'll get more of the same - and you'll deserve it.

What "other side?" I'm a registered independent. I have no "side." I simply call it as the facts dictate. Boehner is to blame here, not Obama, not anyone else. Boehner. The absolute refusal by any Republican to accept this is why we're in the mess we're in. Keep voting this guy and his cronies into office and you'll get more of the same - and you'll deserve it.

You keep making assumptions about me not blaming republicans, and now I'm voting them in? :facepalm:

Boehners to blame, republicans are to blame, democrats are to blame, the Presidents to blame.