Obama/Jersey/Sandy

What "other side?" I'm a registered independent. I have no "side." I simply call it as the facts dictate. Boehner is to blame here, not Obama, not anyone else. Boehner. The absolute refusal by any Republican to accept this is why we're in the mess we're in. Keep voting this guy and his cronies into office and you'll get more of the same - and you'll deserve it.

You keep making assumptions about me not blaming republicans, and now I'm voting them in? :facepalm:

Boehners to blame, republicans are to blame, democrats are to blame, the Presidents to blame.

If only there was a place on this board where you two could take off the gloves and really go at it. Hint. Hint. :lol:

Nope. Obama isn't to blame, can't force Boehner to put the matter up to a vote, can't do anything within the frame of the constitution to force the issue. Continuing to hold him accountable for this is silly. But whatever trips your trigger, I guess.

Thats easy to say from where you're sitting. You didn't have to deal with any of it first hand.

It's easy to talk big when your thousands of miles away from the problem...

You're right, you win...well done

In kind?....really?

Have you noticed that you are the only one in this thread that isn't blaming every one involved? You save one guy out and defend him to the death.

That is partisan derp.

Because he's not to blame. You might as well have put Dave Heineman in your thread title. Obama cannot force Boehner to do his job.

Because you said/implied something derpish does not make me saying your thread title is derpy, derp. Doesn't work that way.

And you calling something derp doesn't make it so. In fact that is quite possibly the dumbest term used on this board.

I simply asked a question. You couldn't handle it.

What is laughable is that you then try to give him credit for doing something by providing a quote where they claimed he caused it to move forward.

You ignore the fact that i agreed that Congress (boehner) is in large part top blame and start immediately start showing you partisan self.

And yet, the thread title still says "Obama." You can rationalize this all you want, try to pass the buck all you want. But you started this thread, you called out a guy who has no ability to fix the problem, and now you're deflecting when I call you out on it. No amount of trying to blame me for this thread fixes that.

Boehner/Congress/Sandy/Idiots. I like that thread title better.

I don't see how this is Obamas issue. Boehner is the person responsible for bringing bills to be voted on, and if he doesn't, then the problems are on him, because he hasn't given the relief effort a chance to happen.

Could Obama do something? Sure. He could find out why Boehner didn't bring the bill up, and then convince him to do so. But if Boehner is so pig headed that he won't listen to anything, what can Obama really do?

I guess ideally Obama wouldn't be vacationing at home in Hawaii until the bill is signed. But other than that and calling Boehner (which apparently doesn't work anyway) there's not much he could do. And all it would do is save face for him, so realistically it would be a meaningless gesture.