Scott Frost

Frost either goes with Kelly or moves to another college. He won't ever be at NU while TO is still in the ear of people. That bridge got burned.

Care to elaborate for those of us that have little knowledge of what's been going on down there for the past decade?

Frost either goes with Kelly or moves to another college. He won't ever be at NU while TO is still in the ear of people. That bridge got burned.

Care to elaborate for those of us that have little knowledge of what's been going on down there for the past decade?

Yes, please. I would really like to read this as well.

If Beck ends up taking another job, Frost would definitely be my first choice for OC. If he is the OC at Oregon at that point, which he is expected to be if Kelly leaves for the NFL, I would hope we would still reach out and try to get him here. It would probably take a lot for that to happen, but it would be great to see him back in Lincoln.

I don't know everything when it comes to Nebraska football, especially behind the scenes things during the 90's and early 00's.

What happened with Dr Tom and Frost?

Had to do with how he handled the offer two years ago. He made some demands. I believe the quote was "seems like Scott has forgotten the Nebraska way". I think that statement was multileveled relating to how you treat people and your integrity as well as about how you coach kids.

I'l also say that's Scott's ego is much more like Kelly's than Bo or To's. He's a good coach. Can be a very nice guy but his family biggest short comming is entitlement. And mom and dads ethics were always a little suspect so there is more grey for him that Bo or TO. That also fits Kelly much better.

Seriously? Was Scott even in the mix? According to my pretty accurate source, Beck had the OC job before the 2010 season even began, as Bo was already looking for a job for Watson. Beck had the job all along. I dont believe this quite yet.

IIRC they offered Frost the Co-OC with Beck....maybe I heard wrong....

Seriously? Was Scott even in the mix? According to my pretty accurate source, Beck had the OC job before the 2010 season even began, as Bo was already looking for a job for Watson. Beck had the job all along. I dont believe this quite yet.
He was never going to be the OC. But he was offered his choice of two spots and a couple nice titles ( which he demanded for the move) and some future guarantees that no one would make in normal circumstances.

Never any title with OC in it.

Never any title with OC in it.

Thanks for clarifying.

He was never going to be the OC. But he was offered his choice of two spots and a couple nice titles ( which he demanded for the move) and some future guarantees that no one would make in normal circumstances.

Now I got'ya. That would make sense. We wanted to get him back here, but he didnt want to make a completely lateral move, so he made some demands that quite frankly as I see it, any AD but TO wouldve probably caved to. Right?

Now I got'ya. That would make sense. We wanted to get him back here, but he didnt want to make a completely lateral move, so he made some demands that quite frankly as I see it, any AD but TO wouldve probably caved to. Right?

Bo was doing a favor for TO as it was really making the offer not that he didnt see the value of Scott and wanted him on the staff I dont think those two would ever be on the same path if not for tom I personally don't think their personalities would have worked. But yes Tom kind of got in an uncomfortable position. I think he realized where the line was where many others wouldn't have. I think in the end it made Bo and TO closer as Bo realized how much TO had his back. Of course that's with lots of perspective now and emotion as a great man retires.

Talking with Tom the other day he's pretty excited about his new opportunities Sounds like they might use him in a recruiting role across all sports. I'm not sure the exact extent but he was happy at the thought of working around the kids still and being involved in the department.