Sand

Actually, upon reading the piece about playing outdoors, it sounds like the inclement weather policy greatly takes into account the health/safety of the athletes, including cold exposure. I would have thought that piece might affect the ability to get other teams to come play matches in Lincoln, but with that proviso, I think you could probably convince them without a whole lot of issue. Have some standard in place for what temp should be, etc. Again, should be interesting to see how it all falls out.

If I were a betting man, I would put some money on Mens VB becoming an official sport at Nebraska in the near future.

I talked with one of the new frosh family last night and they said sand vb practice starts today. Anyone down there able to swing into the facility today and take a look at who they have in there?

No, because the sand court is inside the Hawks Championship center, down a long hallway, well out of view of the public.

Any athletes/students with access...any update would be appreciated.

Aye, Dykstra to Pepperdine. She wanted to only play sand. If you go by the article in the LJS, sounds like the #1 team could be freshman Alexa Strange and transfer Kelsey Robinson, because of an extensive background in sand. But the way Wagner presented it, that sounded a LOT more like his assumption than any particular comment of Cook. In fact in the paragraphs just preceding that comment, Cook even says he couldn't guarantee Robinson she'd play sand, but he'd see what he could do.

Just seems to me that the chemistry between a pair would play a LOT more substantial role than the amount of experience playing sand would have on the pairings. Be interesting to see what info pops up over the next few weeks.

And yet nothing I said was false. I understand its a small minority of Husker alums and fans that were alienated, but it doesn't mean that they weren't. And I'm sorry, sand volleyball in Nebraska just sounds stupid and I know that there are parts of it that make sense.

May sound stupid, but definitely doesn't look stupid.

And yet nothing I said was false. I understand its a small minority of Husker alums and fans that were alienated, but it doesn't mean that they weren't. And I'm sorry, sand volleyball in Nebraska just sounds stupid and I know that there are parts of it that make sense.

I am truly mezmorized by that tan line on the left side of her.......upper leg :)

I am truly mezmorized by that tan line on the left side of her.......upper leg :)

You know that's someone's daughter, right?

Best photo journalism on the local webz: Gallery of large pics of first sand practice from the OWH

Interesting that the new recruits are at practice - the Rolfzens at least. I assume that means they're enrolled early. And that they'll play this and the following three years of Sand and this fall and the following three years of indoor (assuming no redshirts). Good to get a jump on things.

Yes, they were in class this week. We're missing them on the bball court back home though.

You know that's someone's daughter, right?

So is my wife, but that didn't stop me. :thumbs