Sand

Nebraska announced that Sand vb will be added as a women's sport. Cook will be the Coach. In a meeting on my phone....dont have the links to add yet.

Nebraska announces it has added a 24th sport - women's sand volleyball. It will be a spring sport and will start this year.

Wow...didn't see this coming. Just saw this on twitter.

So, will the players from indoor VB play on the sand VB team? Or, would it be a completely different team?

Yes, they become two-sport athletes and must abide by the rules governing all two-sport athletes in terms of training hours, i.e. no more than 20 hours per week.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/nebraska-to-add-sand-volleyball-as-spring-sport/article_c81528f9-b237-5944-98db-c76a7969f9b6.html

So, Nebraska moves to the Big Ten, one of the last conferences with nearly a full compliment of men's swim teams, is a school that boasts success in men's swimming, has a former Olympian as a swim coach on the payroll dangled to many as the gateway to get men's swimming back, and they do this.

Awful.

• Fire 1

And yet nothing I said was false. I understand its a small minority of Husker alums and fans that were alienated, but it doesn't mean that they weren't. And I'm sorry, sand volleyball in Nebraska just sounds stupid and I know that there are parts of it that make sense.

So, Nebraska moves to the Big Ten, one of the last conferences with nearly a full compliment of men's swim teams, is a school that boasts success in men's swimming, has a former Olympian as a swim coach on the payroll dangled to many as the gateway to get men's swimming back, and they do this.

Awful.

How familiar are you with Title IX procedures and regulations? It's very damn difficult to just add men's sports.

Awful.

How familiar are you with Title IX procedures and regulations? It's very damn difficult to just add men's sports.

Quite familiar.

At last check, there are plenty of women's programs on the docket at NU to add another men's sport. Not to mention the fact that certain Olympic sports like swimming require that you have both men and womens programs to have a relevant shot at being repectable at both.