Sand

So, Nebraska moves to the Big Ten, one of the last conferences with nearly a full compliment of men's swim teams, is a school that boasts success in men's swimming, has a former Olympian as a swim coach on the payroll dangled to many as the gateway to get men's swimming back, and they do this.

Awful.

Nebraska Men's Swimming was a great program. When Bill Byrne cut the men's program they might as well have axed the women's team as well, they have been awful ever since.

• Fire 1

I removed the pic from the thread. If you want to see semi-clad women, please go to the Daily Skin forum. This is about volleyball, not a peep show.

What? Wasn't it just a pic of a couple of UNL grads playing sand VB in the Manhattan Beach tourney? Sand volleyball censorship?? Oh Knap, come on man. That's over the top. lol :facepalm:

• Fire 2

I removed the pic from the thread. If you want to see semi-clad women, please go to the Daily Skin forum. This is about volleyball, not a peep show.

What? Wasn't it just a pic of a couple of UNL grads playing sand VB in the Manhattan Beach tourney? Sand volleyball censorship?? Oh Knap, come on man. That's over the top. lol :facepalm:

I agree. I was merely showing the effectiveness of that dig.

You have a dirty mind knapp.

As much as this state loves volleyball, I'm wondering if there have ever been discussions on fielding a men's team?

We have a men's club, and have had for years. With Men's ball being such a west-coast dominated sport, I don't know that it would be easy to get going here. Ohio State and Penn State both have men's teams, but I don't know about the rest of the Big Ten.

The men's game is very different than women's volleyball. In women's ball, there are far more rallies and the action is much more fan-friendly. The men's game is serve-pass-set-HUGE KILL. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's rare that you get good, crowd-pleasing rallies going in the men's game, so to be a fan you'd have to really enjoy watching kills slammed into the floor over and over and over and over.

This is why women's volleyball is on TV much more during the Olympics, both in sand and court. Men's volleyball is kinda boring.

I thought womens volleyball is on tv alot as people like to see hot women in spandex and bikinis lol

As much as this state loves volleyball, I'm wondering if there have ever been discussions on fielding a men's team?

We have a men's club, and have had for years. With Men's ball being such a west-coast dominated sport, I don't know that it would be easy to get going here. Ohio State and Penn State both have men's teams, but I don't know about the rest of the Big Ten.

The men's game is very different than women's volleyball. In women's ball, there are far more rallies and the action is much more fan-friendly. The men's game is serve-pass-set-HUGE KILL. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's rare that you get good, crowd-pleasing rallies going in the men's game, so to be a fan you'd have to really enjoy watching kills slammed into the floor over and over and over and over.

This is why women's volleyball is on TV much more during the Olympics, both in sand and court. Men's volleyball is kinda boring.

I thought womens volleyball is on tv alot as people like to see hot women in spandex and bikinis lol

This talking point reminds me of a call into sports nightly one night during John Cook's radio hour. I think it was last season, not this past. But this obviously old woman calls in and is obviously distraught over the girls wearing the short tight shorts and the the tighter shirts. She just thinks it's incredible distasteful and "suggestive". That was the exact word she used. John Cook tried to explain to her that that's the required uniform so that limbs and muscles dont get caught up in loose clothing and such and cause injuries. The old gal was having none of it, and just went on a tangent about what we're teachin young ladies and such. It was hilarious, and me and my wife laughed the whole time. I was then targeted as to why do I really watch volleyball games. All I could say was "I listen to them on the radio too, :unsure: what's your point?"

If I can find an archived podcast, I will link it.

This talking point reminds me of a call into sports nightly one night during John Cook's radio hour. I think it was last season, not this past. But this obviously old woman calls in and is obviously distraught over the girls wearing the short tight shorts and the the tighter shirts. She just thinks it's incredible distasteful and "suggestive". That was the exact word she used. John Cook tried to explain to her that that's the required uniform so that limbs and muscles dont get caught up in loose clothing and such and cause injuries. The old gal was having none of it, and just went on a tangent about what we're teachin young ladies and such. It was hilarious, and me and my wife laughed the whole time. I was then targeted as to why do I really watch volleyball games. All I could say was "I listen to them on the radio too, :unsure: what's your point?"

Kick SAAAAVE and a beauty. :thumbs

My only question about Cook's defense is why isn't the same true for basketball? Not that I'm arguing, mind you.

Kick SAAAAVE and a beauty. :thumbs

My only question about Cook's defense is why isn't the same true for basketball? Not that I'm arguing, mind you.

women in bikinis plaing basketbal, could poke someones eyes out. Especially with all of the running and jumping lol

I've asked the girls if they're self-conscious about wearing the butt-hugger shorts for volleyball, and whether they'd rather wear gym shorts and t-shirts, and they all said they prefer the shorts/shirts they wear now. They feel like they move around better in them.

I played about 15 years of indoor rec and sand leagues, and I never once wore those kinds of shorts, and I never had any trouble moving around. The women's basketball analogy is apt, as well. They're moving more than the volleyball players, but they wear baggy shorts and tank tops. None of the men's volleyball players I've seen wear the tight-fitting shorts/shirts. I'm not sure when they changed over to the skin-tight stuff, but they wore regular gym shorts playing volleyball through the 80s.