Why anyone would be a vegetarian or vegan is beyond me. Beef, pork, chicken, mmmmmmmmm.

A great way to show you why exactly a person would be Vegan or vegetarian is to watch the documentary Vegucated. You can watch it on Netflix even. Best way to explain it to someone is that documentary I have found.

Me personally, I absolutely love steak, chicken etc you name it. However the way in which the livestock we eat is punished and treated isn't humane and honestly makes me cringe. I have also found that when filling myself with plant based and whole grain meals I don't have the same crappy feeling I used to with a big steak. Other things such as the correlation between red meat consumption and cardiovascular disease and cancer were things I would prefer to try to avoid.

That is just the tip of the iceberg but a little blip of vegan life :-D

Why anyone would be a vegetarian or vegan is beyond me. Beef, pork, chicken, mmmmmmmmm.

A great way to show you why exactly a person would be Vegan or vegetarian is to watch the documentary Vegucated. You can watch it on Netflix even. Best way to explain it to someone is that documentary I have found.

Me personally, I absolutely love steak, chicken etc you name it. However the way in which the livestock we eat is punished and treated isn't humane and honestly makes me cringe. I have also found that when filling myself with plant based and whole grain meals I don't have the same crappy feeling I used to with a big steak. Other things such as the correlation between red meat consumption and cardiovascular disease and cancer were things I would prefer to try to avoid.

Guy sounds like an iowan, not a vegan.

However the way in which the livestock we eat is punished and treated isn't humane and honestly makes me cringe.

I've been to several large cattle farms and ranches, and I've never seen anything close to what's depicted in vegan propaganda documentaries. I'm sure those places exist, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn such places are far and away the exception and not the rule.

However the way in which the livestock we eat is punished and treated isn't humane and honestly makes me cringe.

I've been to several large cattle farms and ranches, and I've never seen anything close to what's depicted in vegan propaganda documentaries. I'm sure those places exist, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn such places are far and away the exception and not the rule.

Are animals killed there? Are they crowded into small spaces? They are being killed because we "want" meat not need meat

Guy sounds like an iowan, not a vegan.

Actually Nebraska born and raised. I currently live in Iowa but I will never consider myself an Iowegian

Nothing moderation and exercise can't fix.

Nothing moderation and exercise can't fix.

We don't need to kill animals to survive. Fruits, Veggies, whole grains, nuts etc and exercise will beat a burger and fried chicken every time. Our society in general needs to get back to basics. Fruits and more so veggies should outnumber meat in a persons diet by quite a bit. Heck they should outnumber grains as well.

Are animals killed there?

Sure, from time to time. But are most generally sold to slaughter houses, I imagine.

Are they crowded into small spaces?

Certainly not.

They are being killed because we "want" meat not need meat

Sure.

I misread your original post. Thought you had been to the slaughterhouses. Ranches for cattle aren't terrible. Chickens are a different story however