Huskers are a underdog once again

I'm glad we're underdogs. As long as no one gives us a shot to win the game, when we do, it will be that much more impressive. We will need to key in on their running back. If we can contain him and force Michigan to throw the ball, we should be able to get some pressure on their QB. On the flip side, we will need to be able to run the ball the best we have all year to give us our best shot of winning. I think the Huskers are a team on the rise and the confidence they got from the CU game will carry over to the Alamo Bowl. Go Big Red!

I just looked at the latest line for the Almao Bowl. They got us 13.5 point underdogs. Interesting how this will change in the coming weeks.

That's about right. Michigan lost 4 games, but two to BCS teams and beat Penn St(BCS team.) Their loses were close games. The line seems about right. The Huskers could get beat here......bad. I hope it doesn't happen. :thumbs

NU is kinda like Tiger Woods right now. At times they show up with an A game and other times they seem to be thinking about the gorgeous blonde at home. :lol: IMO if NU plays like the CU, TT or OU game then it could go either way depending on breaks, etc. If we play like MU, KU well nuff said.

GBR GBR GBR :restore2

This is about the toughest opponent we could have gotten. There is a real disdain for Nebraska at Michigan. Comments range from subpar accademics to steroids, not to mention sharing the 97 title.

They will be ready to play.

This is a top ten team with some bad luck. I hope we play a respectable game against them. They would have been the last on the list for me to pick.

This will be our toughest game this year by far no matter their current ranking. We will know where we are after this game. I am afraid we are a lot farther off than some think. This could get very ugly very quickly if Zac and Cory are not spot on.

this might become a defensive battle and a battle of field position and if that is the case then i think NU prevails because our kicking game is better then their's. but our defense has to be on and make very few if any mental mistakes coachs included (3 man rush).

we have a good chance in this game as long as we play well. the experienced players that played in the last Alamo Bowl need to keep the younger players (who have not played in a bowl game) heads into it.

May sound bias, but I can pretty much guarentee that this will be Nebraska's toughest opponent this year. With all due respect to Texas Tech and Oklahoma, Michigan has the highest calibur talent out of all of Nebraska's opponents.

I am predicting a Michigan victory by count of 27-17. Lloyd Carr never clobbers anybody. When we were up 41-7 at halftime against Indiana, none of the starters played a second of the 2nd half. Carr's playcalling is custom fit to the calibur of his opponent (unless the opponent is severely inferior-- see Eastern Michigan and Indiana) Much of Michigan's success will depend on the health status of Mike Hart, who is far and away the best back Michigan possesses. If Hart is healthy, Michigan's balanced offense will definitely provide a difficult challenge.

I don't think Michigan will cover a 13.5 point spread. However, if Michigan does play a marginally solid game, I don't see them losing. I know the Huskers are coming off a big victory, but I think it's more Colorado's blundering than Nebraska's sudden epiphany regarding a winning quotient. There may be progress, but I believe the 30-3 score exaggerates this.

Regardless, it should be a game worth watching with neither team putting away the other until late in the game.

I think this game will come down to the NU defense being able to stop big plays and put pressure on Henne. Henne is not that mobile of a QB (compared to B Smith anyway), and he is not quite as accurate as Hodges; but he has some good talent around him. If the NU defense can force him to make the plays under pressure, they will have a shot IMO.

If Michigan plays a zone defense, NU will score. They do not bring a lot of pressure, which should give Taylor some time. If Taylpr is on his game, NU has a real good shot. NU has a huge obstacle in front of them, and I hope we can make a game out of it.

:power:power:power:power