**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

That's a great website. Had quite the sports day, cards playoff game then blues night cap. Since this is hockey, I'll discuss blues.

They looked solid, had great moments, had bad moments. Their great moments obviously allow them to carry through the bad. They continue to score, they will be really good.

I thought Seth jones, looked shaky early, but settled in nicely. He showed great potential, should have a nice rookie season.

Pens got a 3-0 win over Metropolitan Division (wtf?) foe New Jersey. Marc-Andre Fleury was pretty fantastic down the stretch. Can't wait for our annual playoff collapse!

Olli Määttä has a bright future I think

http://www.rantsport...ssive-in-debut/

Flower looked pretty good last night against Buffalo, too. This is the level of play he is capable of. Would love to see him become a great goalie again during this season.

Wow.... I'm certainly not surprised, but I never thought for a second they'd do it less than 24 hours after I posted it.

I expected them to give him a month. But I guess there was no reason to wait. The players have been expecting it, from what I understand, and are surprised it didn't happen during the summer. But they've been playing listless hockey for awhile.

And it won't mean anything. Holmgren is the worst GM in the NHL, and Snider is the worst owner. The Flyers will not improve until those two are gone. Somewhere these guys are still trying to pretend it's 1975.

Wow.... I'm certainly not surprised, but I never thought for a second they'd do it less than 24 hours after I posted it.

I expected them to give him a month. But I guess there was no reason to wait. The players have been expecting it, from what I understand, and are surprised it didn't happen during the summer. But they've been playing listless hockey for awhile.

And it won't mean anything. Holmgren is the worst GM in the NHL, and Snider is the worst owner. The Flyers will not improve until those two are gone. Somewhere these guys are still trying to pretend it's 1975.

nicely done...

I'm not sure you can have any less shorter leash..

A couple of years ago, the Blues fired Davis Payne after 6 games. That's when they hired Hitchcock and went on to almost win the President's trophy. Not quite as short, but it sparked the team. Maybe the same will happen in Philly.

I'm going to lean towards no on that one...

Craig Berube isn't Ken Hitchcock...