**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Hell yes.

Why do you think they'll repeat?

I'm hopeful they'll repeat. I'm not saying they will. Except for Bolland and Stalberg the entire team is back. If they can stay healthy it's hard not thinking they at least have a chance to. They kept the team intact this time instead of dismantling it like they did after they won it in 2010.

Hell yes.

I'm hopeful they'll repeat. I'm not saying they will. Except for Bolland and Stalberg the entire team is back. If they can stay healthy it's hard not thinking they at least have a chance to. They kept the team intact this time instead of dismantling it like they did after they won it in 2010.

I think not having Emery is going to hurt them especially if Crawford is unable to replicate his performance, because Khabibulin is ancient at this point. If they can beat L.A., St. Louis, and Anahiem on a consistant basis,they've got a good chance, but I think they'll be facing either Boston or Pittsburgh in the Finals, if they make it back...

Hell yes.

I think not having Emery is going to hurt them especially if Crawford is unable to replicate his performance, because Khabibulin is ancient at this point. If they can beat L.A., St. Louis, and Anahiem on a consistant basis,they've got a good chance, but I think they'll be facing either Boston or Pittsburgh in the Finals, if they make it back...

I really liked Emery too. Crawford is making the big bucks now so the pressure is definitely on him this season unlike last year when he had Emery there to share the load. Khabibulin is as old as dirt! (lol). I agree if we can hold it together I see us against Boston or the Penguins in the finals.

This is a little more local but it happened at an NHL game last night.

I volunteer for an organization called Minnesota Special Hockey (you may have seen the

I posted highlighting our trip to the national tournament in Philadelphia) and last night was Special Hockey night at the Wild game. During the first intermission, about 15 special hockey players got to skate a mini game, then during the second intermission the Wounded Warriors Sled Hockey team took the ice. I was only able to grab some cell phone camera pics and thought I would share. I surrendered my 7D in the locker room so that I could also hit the ice with my GoPro mounted to my chest. I will post the video soon.

9942875805_94603345fb.jpg

9943223676_54ca122125.jpg

EA Sports predicts St. Louis Blues as 2014 Stanley Cup champions

EA Sports’ simulation sees the Blues knocking off the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games to win the franchise’s first ever Stanley Cup. NHL 14 producer Sean Ramjagsingh explains how the Blues came out on top.

“The St. Louis Blues are the personification of NHL 14,” he says. “They’re tough, fast and have one of the deepest lineups in the League, making them a favorite to finish on top this season.”

It’s tough to argue with that. They’re deep in goal, they’ve got plenty of great players on defense, and they can score a little bit. They’re heavy favorites to make the playoffs and have solid odds to win the Stanley Cup already.

EA Sports’ simulation sees the Blues knocking off the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games to win the franchise’s first ever Stanley Cup. NHL 14 producer Sean Ramjagsingh explains how the Blues came out on top.

“The St. Louis Blues are the personification of NHL 14,” he says. “They’re tough, fast and have one of the deepest lineups in the League, making them a favorite to finish on top this season.”

It’s tough to argue with that. They’re deep in goal, they’ve got plenty of great players on defense, and they can score a little bit. They’re heavy favorites to make the playoffs and have solid odds to win the Stanley Cup already.

I agree that the blues are a solid team, not so sure they will hoist the cup this season. Seeing how they have never win a cup, I just can't bring myself to believe it will happen.

On another note, I just scored a pair of tickets to the home opener one week from today. Very much looking forward to the game.

EA Sports' simulation sees the Blues knocking off the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games to win the franchise's first ever Stanley Cup. NHL 14 producer Sean Ramjagsingh explains how the Blues came out on top.

"The St. Louis Blues are the personification of NHL 14," he says. "They're tough, fast and have one of the deepest lineups in the League, making them a favorite to finish on top this season."

It's tough to argue with that. They're deep in goal, they've got plenty of great players on defense, and they can score a little bit. They're heavy favorites to make the playoffs and have solid odds to win the Stanley Cup already.

I agree that the blues are a solid team, not so sure they will hoist the cup this season. Seeing how they have never win a cup, I just can't bring myself to believe it will happen.

On another note, I just scored a pair of tickets to the home opener one week from today. Very much looking forward to the game.

I think your season hangs on the shoulders of Halak. He's been pretty good past couple of years, and if he can keep it up, I think St Louis can definitely give Chicago all it can handle...

EA Sports' simulation sees the Blues knocking off the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games to win the franchise's first ever Stanley Cup. NHL 14 producer Sean Ramjagsingh explains how the Blues came out on top.

"The St. Louis Blues are the personification of NHL 14," he says. "They're tough, fast and have one of the deepest lineups in the League, making them a favorite to finish on top this season."

It's tough to argue with that. They're deep in goal, they've got plenty of great players on defense, and they can score a little bit. They're heavy favorites to make the playoffs and have solid odds to win the Stanley Cup already.

I think your season hangs on the shoulders of Halak. He's been pretty good past couple of years, and if he can keep it up, I think St Louis can definitely give Chicago all it can handle...

I believe this is a contract year for him. He stayed here in St. Louis over the summer to work on his game, so I'm hopeful. If he plays up to his capabilities I agree we can play w/and beat Chicago.

My less than knowledgeable prediction...

The west is probably going to be settled between Chicago and St Louis, unless L.A. or Anaheim can make some noise...

The East is going to be more wide open than people think. Pittsburgh is going to be everyone's pick, but unless they can find reliable goaltending, their ride may be short. That opens it up for a number of teams (Rangers, Boston, Montreal, Caps, Leafs)...