**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Trading Crosby? I highly doubt that. To me that is an unthinkable transaction. The Kid is THE franchise. Add in that he probably has the most stringest clauses in his contract about being traded/moving to another team, and I highly doubt he'll leave Pittsburgh. I would think he is going to be a Penguin for his entire career - as much to the dismay of other hockey fans!

Knowing the Pens, I think they will give Fleury a while to play better. But if he can't live up, a trade is possible. The Penguins certainly have the assests to make it happen.

By the way, are you a Penguins fan? If you can't tell, I am.

There was actually rumors around the trade deadline last season, that they might deal him or Malkin. Which would mean they'd have to go after a net minder...

The Pens are one of the half dozen teams I hate..

I'm a Av's and Rangers fan...

ESPN ranked the top 25 goaltenders in the NHL:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/2013_nhlrank_goaltenders/goaltenders

No Fleury or Vokoun, surprise surprise.

I think the Pens could pick up an upper-mid level goalie without giving away too much. I think that might be all that they would need to get over the hump and not completely implode in the playoffs. Fleury has to go though. He's lost his mind.

ESPN ranked the top 25 goaltenders in the NHL:

http://espn.go.com/n...ers/goaltenders

No Fleury or Vokoun, surprise surprise.

I think the Pens could pick up an upper-mid level goalie without giving away too much. I think that might be all that they would need to get over the hump and not completely implode in the playoffs. Fleury has to go though. He's lost his mind.

How the f*ck is "Borat" #11????

NHL fighters will be penalized for removing helmets before brawl; pass or fail?

As the 2013-14 NHL season nears, players and fans alike are getting acquainted with some of the new rules and tweaks passed in the offseason. There are shallower nets and smaller goalie gear. But there’s also a rule that’ll affect how hockey fights begin … and how long a player remains in the penalty box after one.

The NHL’s general managers agreed to, and the Board of Governors approved, a new rule that levies a two-minute minor penalty on any player that removes his helmet before a fight. That’s seven minutes in the box, barring any additional penalties: two for unsportsmanlike conduct and five for fighting.

NHL fighters will be penalized for removing helmets before brawl; pass or fail?

As the 2013-14 NHL season nears, players and fans alike are getting acquainted with some of the new rules and tweaks passed in the offseason. There are shallower nets and smaller goalie gear. But there’s also a rule that’ll affect how hockey fights begin … and how long a player remains in the penalty box after one.

The NHL’s general managers agreed to, and the Board of Governors approved, a new rule that levies a two-minute minor penalty on any player that removes his helmet before a fight. That’s seven minutes in the box, barring any additional penalties: two for unsportsmanlike conduct and five for fighting.

So, we'll hit you with an extra two minutes but you can break your hand on a helmet?