**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Wild are making me nervous.. cant score on varmalov...

and ya, the cooke hit was illegal.

I almost sh*t when they gave up over 20 shots in the 1st period alone...

I almost sh#t when the wild had 20 shots.. i have never seen that before in 1 period.. Varmy was all over the place.

You rarely win if you're goalie's having to make almost 50 saves...

Good call on the 3 games. I was hoping for 5. Just to keep him out the rest of the series at least. Did anybody see the video clip that caught some of the on ice talk after the hit? I'll try and find it tonight.

5 would have been excessive. 3 feels a little too much for a first time offender.

I hope Backes gets back for you guys, but glad to see my Hawks win one.

Matt Cooke gets in-person hearing with NHL after knee-on-knee hit

The guess? Eight playoff games would be reasonable. The rest of this series and an additional four if the Wild advance; if not, then at the start of next season. Would it surprise us to see the NHL crush Cooke with an 11-game suspension (this round plus a hypothetical seven games in the following round)? Not at all.

Matt Cooke gets in-person hearing with NHL after knee-on-knee hit

The guess? Eight playoff games would be reasonable. The rest of this series and an additional four if the Wild advance; if not, then at the start of next season. Would it surprise us to see the NHL crush Cooke with an 11-game suspension (this round plus a hypothetical seven games in the following round)? Not at all.

With his history, the fact that the knee to knee hit on Barrie ended his season, I'm going to say in the neighborhood of 10-12 games...

Anything less, and it's bullsh*t...