Rome to transfer

What?? Isn't this our year to make a national title run?!

j/k

It'll probably play out a lot like last year. 10-2, with one loss to Michigan and the other to either UCLA or Northwestern. 0-2 in the post season.

I fear the prospect of playing a bunch of close games again, luck runs out eventually. Anything worse than 10-2 with that schedule is unacceptable.

I would say it is our year to make a run again. Bad recruiting classes early in Bo's tenure but we're a ways removed from that. If the younger, promising guys we have brought in since still can't make an impact something is wrong. On offense, we're loaded with playmakers, this is Taylor's senior year, and Beck is turning out to be a golden hire.

Another 4-loss season, especially if they aren't close and especially if the postseason is another 0fer, would really have people souring on Bo, and fairly.

For me, 2010 was the last time we had "the year". '11 and '12, we lost too much in the previous offseasons and had too many question marks overall to consider them likely runs. The '10 departures go without saying, that was our entire secondary almost right there. Lavonte and Fonz after '11...

To date, those alleged young studs sitting on the bench has been sort of fair. A lot of guys redshirt early on, learn the ropes, work their way up the ladder. Some have their early careers waylaid by a few nagging injuries that are enough to keep them out of the spotlight. Overall, I agree with your general criticisms that it would have been nice for some guys to get more PT, although I don't consider their lack thereof to date to be a big problem heading into this year.

I could see it being a big problem early in the season. A loss against UCLA knocks us out of the race, unless an avalanche of craziness happens. If we can get by them with an inexperienced defense, I'll feel a little better about our chances. There's still other things to improve on for it to happen, but the inexperienced defense is probably my biggest concern.

I could see it being a big problem early in the season. A loss against UCLA knocks us out of the race, unless an avalanche of craziness happens. If we can get by them with an inexperienced defense, I'll feel a little better about our chances. There's still other things to improve on for it to happen, but the inexperienced defense is probably my biggest concern.

That game will tell us a lot about our defense. Like you said, if we can beat them with our inexperience on defense, I really like our chances. What happens in that game, good or not so good, will transfer into other games this season.