Rome to transfer

I think our 2013 line is going to resemble the 1998 D-Line a bit where we had 2 Freshman (Lohr and Slechta) starting most (at least from memory) of the year.

I am not sure they started more than a couple games and it was never together, but they played a lot due to injuries. Steve Warren was hurt a lot that year with back problems. Loren Kiaser was the other D-tackle that played a lot. I think Pelini realizes he needs to play some of these younger guys. As he said he made a mistake redshirting all those guys last year, but by the time he new he needed them more than half of the season was over. Sometimes you just have to throw guys into the fire and see what happens. You will generally get high effort from young guys even if they arn't doing everything perfect.

This is BP biggest downfall IMO he has to be willing to let athletic kids get on the field even if they don't no his defense forwards and backwards.

I am just stating my opinion, but the coaches have been raving over Guy, Valentine, Randle and Curry. Curry showed he can be good with the little playing time he got before he became injured. Same goes for Williams.

Not attacking you personally, but I just don't believe that counts for much. I'd rather they rave over them than not rave over them, of course. But it just doesn't seem to be any indicator that we'll be any better than we were on the D-line last year, even as bad as it was.

• Fire 1

I am just stating my opinion, but the coaches have been raving over Guy, Valentine, Randle and Curry. Curry showed he can be good with the little playing time he got before he became injured. Same goes for Williams.

Not attacking you personally, but I just don't believe that counts for much. I'd rather they rave over them than not rave over them, of course. But it just doesn't seem to be any indicator that we'll be any better than we were on the D-line last year, even as bad as it was.

IMO, it shows that the coaches know who is going to perform and do well on the field. You didn't hear the coaches talking about Rome before last season, or saying they were excited to see him being on the field. You heard them speak and bring up Randle, Williams and Valentine's name, along with Steinkuhler. You would have heard Stein's name more if we had a better DT playing next to him, who could also demand for a double team.

IMO, Stein is a loss, not Rome. His size, his will and his determination was not there and haven't been there all year. Whether its due to coaching, or its due to him just not being good enough, he obviously doesn't care much about his team and the players, otherwise he would have stayed and contributed the best he could. We don't need someone who is all about himself.

Best of luck to him, where ever he decides to go. His mentality is not something we need rubbing off to the guys who are fighting to get better and perform well.

• Fire 1

Good news is they will get alot of game time to get thier feet wet before Michigan. Thank god for the easier schedule and home games

except UCLA. Probably will be the most talented team we see all year. I hope that game is at night!

I don't think they will be the most talented team we will face all year. I think Northwestern and Michigan will be our biggest tests throughout the whole season. UCLA is still going have a true sophomore under center and will make mistakes, just like he did all year and it showed against Stanford two weekends in a row and in their bowl game against Baylor. They do lose their #1 RB, Johnathan Franklin, like Huskinator stated, which is going to put more pressure on Hundley and their VERY young offense. Remember, they are also coming to Lincoln. Somewhere a young QB never performs well. I would rather a young defense than a young offense, IMO.

IMO, it shows that the coaches know who is going to perform and do well on the field. You didn't hear the coaches talking about Rome before last season, or saying they were excited to see him being on the field. You heard them speak and bring up Randle, Williams and Valentine's name, along with Steinkuhler. You would have heard Stein's name more if we had a better DT playing next to him, who could also demand for a double team.

A decent point I hadn't considered. +1