ESPN Postseason Position (IE: WR/TE,OL) & Player Rankings *UPDATED 2/20*

I saw that earlier today. I almost posted the OL rankings but didn't want to get into the Barney bashing.

We have an above average rushing offense for the line we have. We had stellar OL, but we had others making simple stupid mistakes costing us big (A-rod and a couple others here and there). I think most of it might be due to the ability for our RB's to get free or find those holes that the OL can create for that short amount of time, but our Pass Protection is not good. I would rate our Rush Protection #1, being a close race with tOSU, and but not top 3 in pass protection.

Taylor will be in the top 5 and Kenny will be somewhere between 5-10.

We have a lot of weapons coming back. Really excited to see how good this offense can be!

That's what I was also thinking.

I saw that earlier today. I almost posted the OL rankings but didn't want to get into the Barney bashing.

We have an above average rushing offense for the line we have. We had stellar OL, but we had others making simple stupid mistakes costing us big (A-rod and a couple others here and there). I think most of it might be due to the ability for our RB's to get free or find those holes that the OL can create for that short amount of time, but our Pass Protection is not good. I would rate our Rush Protection #1, being a close race with tOSU, and but not top 3 in pass protection.

Taylor will be in the top 5 and Kenny will be somewhere between 5-10.

We have a lot of weapons coming back. Really excited to see how good this offense can be!

That's what I was also thinking.

Taylor's probably going to come in at 2, right behind Miller. But I don't think Bell is going to show up. Allen Robinson, the leader in receptions, receiving yards and B1G receiver of the year, is like number 12. I don't think Rittenburg and Bennett would put Bell above him.

Unless they are taking into account he didn't have a TD that traveled for less than 20 yards all year, but I doubt it.

Taylor's probably going to come in at 2, right behind Miller. But I don't think Bell is going to show up. Allen Robinson, the leader in receptions, receiving yards and B1G receiver of the year, is like number 12. I don't think Rittenburg and Bennett would put Bell above him.

Unless they are taking into account he didn't have a TD that traveled for less than 20 yards all year, but I doubt it.

Good point. I forgot about Allen Robinson. I would take Kenny Bell over him, but I think we all would.

Maybe Ciante is in there somewhere... I gotta believe we have more than just Taylor left on that list.

Taylor's probably the last guy we have on the list. Roby, OSU's CB, and Dennard are 16 and 19 respectively, and the perception is they had better seasons (both are 1st team B1G). While we had a good year, we really didn't have anyone outside of Martinez who I'd put in the top 10. Evans was solid, but I wouldn't put him in front of they guys already there.

Now if Martinez anywhere but 2, I suggest we all raise heck.

My prediction on the top 5 are:

1. Miller

2. Martinez

3. Ball

4. Bell

5. Simon

Maybe Mauti breaks in their and replaces Simon, but I'm pretty confident on the top 2.

Taylor's probably the last guy we have on the list. Roby, OSU's CB, and Dennard are 16 and 19 respectively, and the perception is they had better seasons (both are 1st team B1G). While we had a good year, we really didn't have anyone outside of Martinez who I'd put in the top 10. Evans was solid, but I wouldn't put him in front of they guys already there.

1. Miller

2. Martinez

3. Ball - gone

4. Bell - gone

5. Simon - gone

Maybe Mauti (gone) breaks in their and replaces Simon, but I'm pretty confident on the top 2.

:dunno

1. Miller

2. Martinez

3. Ball - gone

4. Bell - gone

5. Simon - gone

Maybe Mauti (gone) breaks in their and replaces Simon, but I'm pretty confident on the top 2.

I don't know what you're pointing out, but this is Rittenburg and Bennett's postseason player rankings. Doesn't matter if they're going to be back next year or not.

A lot of people are leaving the B1G, through leaving early or graduation, though.

1. Miller

2. Martinez

3. Ball - gone

4. Bell - gone

5. Simon - gone

I don't know what you're pointing out, but this is Rittenburg and Bennett's postseason player rankings. Doesn't matter if they're going to be back next year or not.

I honestly wasn't clear on your post but thanks for clarifying. No disrespect.

#5 Taylor Martinez. He will probably be the last of the Huskers on this list.

Kicking off the fab five is a man known to create a little magic ...

Preseason ranking: No. 25

2012 numbers: Completed 62 percent of his passes for 2,871 yards and 23 touchdowns, with 12 interceptions. Ran for 1,019 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Why he's here: Nebraska fans have come to know both Good Taylor and Bad Taylor during Martinez's first three seasons in Lincoln.

The Good Taylor does stuff that few other players in college football could, like his insanely ridiculous 76-yard touchdown scramble against Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game. The Bad Taylor does things like throw three interceptions at Ohio State.

But Good Taylor was mostly on display in 2012, and even during those times when Bad Taylor appeared, the other version was often good enough to make up for it, as in the Northwestern comeback. Does Martinez still make too many mistakes? Yes, as his 10 interceptions and his still too-heavy dose of fumble-itis prove.

Yet Martinez still managed to lead the Big Ten in total offense while setting career highs in completion percentage, passing yards and passing touchdowns. And though we expected him to run less last season, he also set new career marks in rushing attempts (195) and yards. While I still believe the league coaches wrongly voted for him as the All-Big Ten first team quarterback over Braxton Miller, Martinez certainly made a strong case for the honor.

Many of his turnovers still come from trying to force things in big games, a problem exacerbated by the Huskers' poor defensive showings. You can't blame Martinez too much for sometimes thinking he has to win the game himself when so much is asked of him already. But if he can simply learn to let the game come to him at all times and keep Bad Taylor locked away somewhere, we could be talking about Great Taylor as a senior in 2013.