CB Terrence Alexander

i didn't give a high school coach any more power. i stated a fact that college coaches and high school coaches have a personal relationship. and given this fact, college coaches probably know and respect a high school coach's wishes.

it isn't limiting anyone's opportunities. the opportunities will be there if the opportunities are there to begin with.

as far as the math teacher limiting when a student can visit colleges, i wont even entertain the ridiculous notion of it beyond the adults in any child's life needs to have his or her best interests in their actions, that includes every coach and/or teacher.

I still think the coach is putting his players at a disadvantage without a good reason. I'm not at all convinced by your argument as you are apparently unconvinced by mine. I'll leave it at that.

That isn't true. You see numerous occasions where a player can't commit to a school because they are waiting to hear back from other players.

Say Texas just lost out on a huge CB they had targeted and were saving a scholly. They have the slot open to 1 of 3 players that they have similarly rated. It is a RUSH to commit because they now say the offer is committable - but they are more likely to accept the commit of someone who has seen the campus, i.e. less likely to decommit, than someone who hasn't.

Opportunities are not always there. They go away.

If you've followed our own recruiting, you've seen numerous players not commit fast enough and then get there offer pulled or there commitment wasn't accepted ----> see Vandenburg, Brandon.

EDIT - Meant to quote DS

• 2 months later...