Is it me or is Michigan pissed??

OMG Former you are a troll.

I must have cornered you :lol:

I was just curious because we have been hearing for 2 years now that NU couldnt compete with certain teams because of lack of talent, but now you are giving NU a shot at beating UM, even though UM has more talent. Are you now saying that talent isnt all it takes to be a good football team??

It just seems a little less than sincere IMO.

So that was a pretty nonsensical ramble, but hopefully there's some nuggets of validity hidden in there.  What does everyone else think?

:yeah I agree with the nonsensical ramble part, the nuggets of validity I guess I missed.

:dis Seems like Michigan fills the majority of it's 108.000 seats each week. Other things to do seems like a weak excuse for a fanbase that just doesn't travel well. I'm sure your life and the lives of most of those 100,000 plus fans is a whirlwind of activities! Especially when January approaches and the lake effect snow storms hit. All that shoveling keeps a body busy.

BTW, The UP is at least as boring as Iowa, get away from your major cities in Michigan and the activity level will match any other midwest state. :bang:bang:bang

JMO. I suspect you are going to find the huskers more of a challenge than you think. ;)

No, you havent cornered me into anything. I have never said that all you need is talent, nor have I said that all you need is good coaching. Yes, less talented teams beat more talented teams ALL of the time. We lost to a Kansas team and Mizzou team with less talent, but beat a Colorado team and possibly a Iowa State team that had more talent. It goes both ways. The only assertion I have made is that you absolutely must have a certain amount of talent to win a national title, and that under Frank WE DIDNT HAVE IT. It doesnt matter how good a coach you are when you have Pat Ricketts out there trying to defend receivers, or Santino Panico returning punts for that matter. I dont usually put myself on a pedastal, but I would say that I am one of the more realistic posters on this forum. That being said, even the unrealistic, totally out there, sunshine pumpers as you call them, make more valuable posts than you do. At least they brighten someone's day a little bit. Every one of your posts has some sort of backhanded comment about the coaches, EVEN WHEN THE THREAD OR POST YOU ARE RESPONDING TO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM!!!!! People might as well start pulling a Sean Connery and bringing your mom into every one of their posts because its about as adult as your posts. I will start to trend. Now if Former's mom was on the team, than our Oline might be able to get some push!!!! :horns2:horns2:woo

"QBTW, The UP is at least as boring as Iowa, get away from your major cities in Michigan and the activity level will match any other midwest state."

You've got to be kidding, right? If you are looking for city things to do, yes, but the UP is the best place in the midwest for outdoor activities. Bar none. Hundreds of miles of shoreline, the porucpine mts., huge forests, amazing hunting, boating, great skiing, two national parks, Mackinaw....you get the picture.

Iowa??? reallY?

"QBTW, The UP is at least as boring as Iowa, get away from your major cities in Michigan and the activity level will match any other midwest state."

You've got to be kidding, right? If you are looking for city things to do, yes, but the UP is the best place in the midwest for outdoor activities. Bar none. Hundreds of miles of shoreline, the porucpine mts., huge forests, amazing hunting, boating, great skiing, two national parks, Mackinaw....you get the picture.

Iowa??? reallY?

Yessir, I'm looking for city things to do.

A dear friend of mine grew up in the UP. He has shared hours of stories with me, growing up bored to tears there. After spending the first 20 years of his life in the UP, guess where he has lived the last 40 years?

Judging you by your handle OMAHABLUE, you aren't living there either. It's a good place to be FROM.

IOWA? Really?? 

I have been all over the country and lived in seven states. I live in Iowa by choice. Iowa? Really!! :horns2

p.s. I vacation in Florida every chance I get, lots of city type things to do. And IMO you can't beat the gulf of mexico and the white sand beaches!!

Nebraska born and raised.

SoCal by necessity.

Utah by choice. Nothing compares to southern Utah. Dixie is for me, that is Utah Dixie. You can not travel 10 miles and swear you aren't in a different country. So varied and so rural. Natural, pristine, and thousands of blue eyed, blonde beauties at every little burg and town you can imagine. People are respectful. Paradise I tell you, paradise.

Born and raised in Nebraska. Stationed in VA, SoCal and Fl. Love the white beaches of the Gulf Coast of Florida as clone mentioned. (Could do without the hurricanes though)

Absolutely love San Diego. I am heading back that way in Feb for the next two years until I retire from the Navy.

I prefer Singapore or Thailand as places to do things. Hong Kong wasn't that bad either, nor was Australia.

But seeing the pyramids in Egypt and getting spit on by that camel wasn't too bad either. French girls really do have hairy armpits. The Cathedrals in Palma, Spain were amazing!

The water down in the Caribbean is remarkable. You can see at least 40 feet down, clearly.

The most solemn place; standing over the USS Arizona at the Memorial in Pearl Harbor.

Nebraska born and raised.

SoCal by necessity.

Utah by choice. Nothing compares to southern Utah. Dixie is for me, that is Utah Dixie. You can not travel 10 miles and swear you aren't in a different country. So varied and so rural. Natural, pristine, and thousands of blue eyed, blonde beauties at every little burg and town you can imagine. People are respectful. Paradise I tell you, paradise.

"i would like to have seen montana..."

***SNIP***

People might as well start pulling a Sean Connery and bringing your mom into every one of their posts because its about as adult as your posts. I will start to trend. Now if Former's mom was on the team, than our Oline might be able to get some push!!!! :horns2:horns2:woo

While I understand the point being made, and the frustrations that numerous derailed threads have engendered, let's please keep this from being personal, or responses from going "over the line". And I'm asking this of everyone. Thanks.

Why do people respond? Talk about football, talk about where your from, I DON'T CARE...BUT STOP THREATENING, STOP THE PUT-DOWNS and all the OTHER CRAP. I will simply start banning you. I dont care how long you have been on this board. I have several thread in recruiting that have gone to hell and that pisses me off. Some people work hard to give great info and it gets screwed because of immaturity. I'm telling you now, be careful and please attempt to stick to the topics and no more crappy bitchin at each other. Some of you are like two year olds.

Good thing they play the game. Quite honestly I think this game is a good match up for Nebraska. Does Michigan have more talent, sure, but NU excels at two things. One, stopping the power running game. They have a little bit more difficult time with a finesse ground game like Missou or K state. They did well against the run againt wake forest, which is a power running team, Colorado, power running, Pitt, power running, and for the most part, Oklahoma, power running. Im definately glad that Michigan doesnt have a mobile quarterback which plays into our other defensive strength, which is pressuring the quarterback. Now, will either of these things happen? I dont know, maybe, maybe not. Our offense also matches up well against a conservative defense that likes to zone, which is the same as both Iowa State and Colorado. Does all of these equal up to a win. NO! GAMES ARE WON ON THE FIELD AND NOT IN A FORUM! But Michingan's talent sure as hell doesnt equal a win eithir because games are won on the field, not on the bench press or the track. So i will just wait and see what happens, and cheer as hard as i can regardless of which side wins out.

Stuckin,

This is why I like you, and think you have valid opinions. You don't put the blinders on, but you are an optimist. Not a sunshine pumper. A realist.

I like your observations. I think NU will do well against UM.