Is it me or is Michigan pissed??

I may be a die-hard Michigan fan, but I can at least view things objectively.

Look, I'm happy you Husker fans finally get to see your team in a bowl again after a miserable year, but let's face it, it's the Alamo Bowl. If Michigan deserves it, fine. Although Iowa really doesn't deserve the Outback, but it's not like that's a great bowl either. As Michigan fans, we've seen BCS games 3 of the last 5 seasons. So excuse us if we're not all that excited about playing on a Wednesday night in last December against a team that considers beating Colorado "a huge win".

As stated earlier, Michigan's worst loss of the year was by 7 points to Notre Dame. We're talking about a team that played as bad as it could get and still only lost by a touchdown. With less conservative coaching we're easily BCS bound instead of Ohio State.

We lost to Wisconsin after having a 10 pt second half lead because of conservatism, Minnesota with a 10 pt second half lead because of conservatism, and Ohio State with a 9 pt second half lead because of conservatism. I'll accept the Notre Dame loss. The ONLY shot NU has at winning this game is if Michigan shows up in a downer mood. However, I doubt that will happen because most of our star players are back next year and will look to use this bowl game to jumpstart next season.

Are we pissed? Yes. And I look forward to watching Michigan take it out on NU. I look forward to posting here December 29.

Look, I'm happy you Husker fans finally get to see your team in a bowl again after a miserable year, but let's face it, it's the Alamo Bowl. If Michigan deserves it, fine. Although Iowa really doesn't deserve the Outback, but it's not like that's a great bowl either. As Michigan fans, we've seen BCS games 3 of the last 5 seasons. So excuse us if we're not all that excited about playing on a Wednesday night in last December against a team that considers beating Colorado "a huge win".

As stated earlier, Michigan's worst loss of the year was by 7 points to Notre Dame. We're talking about a team that played as bad as it could get and still only lost by a touchdown. With less conservative coaching we're easily BCS bound instead of Ohio State.

We lost to Wisconsin after having a 10 pt second half lead because of conservatism, Minnesota with a 10 pt second half lead because of conservatism, and Ohio State with a 9 pt second half lead because of conservatism. I'll accept the Notre Dame loss. The ONLY shot NU has at winning this game is if Michigan shows up in a downer mood. However, I doubt that will happen because most of our star players are back next year and will look to use this bowl game to jumpstart next season.

Are we pissed? Yes. And I look forward to watching Michigan take it out on NU. I look forward to posting here December 29.

Welcome to the club.

You obviously don't know what team you are addressing, because I believe that if you did, you would notice that MU is not exactly alone in being upset about playing at the Alamo bowl.

But I can see how optimism may be misinterpreted

December 28 ;)

If Michigan loses, are you going to man enough to come back to this board and eat your words? Or are we never going to hear from you again, much like the CU fans that came on and talked about how bad they were going to beat us.

NU has a real down year last year, two down years in the last 40, and you think that Michigan is so much more Holy? We have gone through a complete offensive overhaul and coaching staff change in the last 2 years, and we are already playing Michigan in a bowl. In your You talk in such a pompous and condescending manner, and yet your team has the same record as NU. Are you so foolish that you don't get how your own words are, in a sense, taking jabs at Michigan? Or is this your goal?

If Michigan deserves it, fine. Although Iowa really doesn't deserve the Outback, but it's not like that's a great bowl either.

If this is your opinion, fine; but obviously many (including Iowa) disagree.

As Michigan fans, we've seen BCS games 3 of the last 5 seasons.

So what! Does this mean you are entitled to one even when you lose 4 games? Nebraska played in a bowl game for about the last 40 years straight, when they went 7-7, 5-6, or even 7-4 they blamed nobody but themselves. They new if they want better bowls they had to win more games. Stop whining and win more games next year.

Read what you wrote again. You are far from objective. Thinking you are entitled to something, simply because you are "the Wolverines" is not very objective.

Redman,

What the hell are you talking about? I\'m not being objective? When did I say Michigan deserved a BCS bowl? They don\'t. As far as I\'m concerned they didn\'t deserve anything better than the Alamo. I\'m a fan, not a player or coach. I saw a good team, one with better coaching that could be BCS bound. It\'s not like we exceeded expectations. We started #4 in both polls. IMO, we should be 10-1, not 7-4. So yes, that brings disappointment. I\'m sorry in your world you can\'t be unhappy about underperforming.

And trust me, I\'ll be man enough to be on these boards December 29 to discuss the game, win or lose. I like a good debate and would have no problem telling you exactly what I thought of NU. I\'ll tell it like it is, unlike most homers around here who have no clue how to type an intelligent post.

Look, I\'m happy you Husker fans finally get to see your team in a bowl again after a miserable year, but let\'s face it, it\'s the Alamo Bowl. If Michigan deserves it, fine. Although Iowa really doesn\'t deserve the Outback, but it\'s not like that\'s a great bowl either. As Michigan fans, we\'ve seen BCS games 3 of the last 5 seasons. So excuse us if we\'re not all that excited about playing on a Wednesday night in last December against a team that considers beating Colorado \"a huge win\".

As stated earlier, Michigan\'s worst loss of the year was by 7 points to Notre Dame. We\'re talking about a team that played as bad as it could get and still only lost by a touchdown. With less conservative coaching we\'re easily BCS bound instead of Ohio State.

We lost to Wisconsin after having a 10 pt second half lead because of conservatism, Minnesota with a 10 pt second half lead because of conservatism, and Ohio State with a 9 pt second half lead because of conservatism. I\'ll accept the Notre Dame loss. The ONLY shot NU has at winning this game is if Michigan shows up in a downer mood. However, I doubt that will happen because most of our star players are back next year and will look to use this bowl game to jumpstart next season.

December 28 ;)

No, I meant December 29. I know the game is the 28th. Just won\'t be around a PC to gloat.

NU coaching staff has the edge in this game coaching wise right now. If the game was played today, NU would win big

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

What FACTS do you have to support that??????????? Hmmm, facts, you know, facts???????????

Facts? Loyd Carr took a Michigan team and turned them into a laughing joke after going to a Rose Bowl last year. "At this point" NU coaches have that edge

Really, better check the FACTS. billy c took a 10-3 team and turned them into a 5-6 team. At least UM has a winning record and is going to a bowl.

And lets not even get into a comparision with FACTS such as strength of schedule (UM v NU). <_<

What? Are you saying i can't make formerfanish statements like that WITHOUT facts? Wow..that's a bummer. :blink:

That's funny coming from you. It's like the pot calling the Kettle black

What the hell are you talking about? I\'m not being objective? When did I say Michigan deserved a BCS bowl? They don\'t. As far as I\'m concerned they didn\'t deserve anything better than the Alamo. I\'m a fan, not a player or coach. I saw a good team, one with better coaching that could be BCS bound. It\'s not like we exceeded expectations. We started #4 in both polls. IMO, we should be 10-1, not 7-4. So yes, that brings disappointment.

This is a much better answer. True and real, not condescending to NU and not putting Michigan up on a high horse. Now that you said it this way, I completely agree with you. This was an objective answer. Compare this one to your previous ones and you will understand what I was getting at.

\'m sorry in your world you can\'t be unhappy about underperforming.

I am not happy about underperforming. If you read back on my posts, I have been quite critical of NU this season. I know that NU deserves to be in the Alamo Bowl (never said they didn't). By all means, I will be much more content when thay are back competing in the BCS. Michigan deserves the Alamo Bowl and nothing more. Glad to hear you finally admitted to it.

And trust me, I\'ll be man enough to be on these boards December 29 to discuss the game, win or lose. I like a good debate and would have no problem telling you exactly what I thought of NU. I\'ll tell it like it is,

Can't wait! :cheers

The fact that Iowa got thte better bid has to piss UM off big time...

On the other hand, Michigan fans have apparently brought this on themselves..

For being a football mainstay, the Outback made no secret that they selected Iowa because Michigan fans haven't traveled well..... $$$$$$$$$, all about $$$$$$

Outback Bowl Website

Outback Bowl officials announced the 20th Anniversary game is an official sellout

less than 24 hours after announcing its match-up. The bowl extended invitations Sunday

to the University of Iowa and the University of Florida to play in this years game.

Both schools are distributing their allotment of tickets to their season ticket holders,

boosters and students and have indicated they will use all of their tickets. The bowl

will be played January 2, at 11:00AM and be televised on ESPN TV.

:bounce:bounce

Most on here know I am a die hard Nebraska fan. But I have always dealt in reality. This is a game that we have absolutely no chance of winning if Michigan comes to play. There talent level is vastly superior to ours no matter the thinking on this board. This is a top 5-10 team period. A little luck and a more aggressive coaching stance and they could be in a BCS game. They beat the #3 team in the country.

Betting would be on Michigan if it involved my farm. But I think Nebraska will play a good game. If we hold Michigan with in a touchdown I would be very happy with that performance. If Michigan comes to San Antonio with fire in their bellies, it will look more like the Colorado/Texas game than most want to hear.

We are no where near their talent or ability. Coaching argurement is not answered yet. Lloyd Carr is a very good coach. He will right the ship and keep Michigan moving forward. This a proud storied program that in their fans eyes have fallen some. We as Nebraska fans know what that feels like. We have been to the bottom of the barrel and are working our way back up. If BC wins this game we will have seen a total turn around of this program. If we play respectable the same will be true.

Michigan 35 Nebraska 21.

Most on here know I am a die hard Nebraska fan. But I have always dealt in reality. This is a game that we have absolutely no chance of winning if Michigan comes to play. There talent level is vastly superior to ours no matter the thinking on this board. This is a top 5-10 team period. A little luck and a more aggressive coaching stance and they could be in a BCS game. They beat the #3 team in the country.

Betting would be on Michigan if it involved my farm. But I think Nebraska will play a good game. If we hold Michigan with in a touchdown I would be very happy with that performance. If Michigan comes to San Antonio with fire in their bellies, it will look more like the Colorado/Texas game than most want to hear.

We are no where near their talent or ability. Coaching argurement is not answered yet. Lloyd Carr is a very good coach. He will right the ship and keep Michigan moving forward. This a proud storied program that in their fans eyes have fallen some. We as Nebraska fans know what that feels like. We have been to the bottom of the barrel and are working our way back up. If BC wins this game we will have seen a total turn around of this program. If we play respectable the same will be true.

Michigan 35 Nebraska 21.

I can appreciate this realistic approach. This looks like someone who HAS been paying some attention to Michigan this year and reads beyond the 7-4 record.

i agree, this is a realistic assessment, BUT i figured CU to lay at least 35 points on NU too.......they were not a great team, BUT NU proved they can play vastly better when hitting on all cylinders.......yes, they will have to play like that against MU, but i expect them to.....with a couple turnovers game may be decided either way by 8 points or less.......that may be realistic too!

hunter