So why is it so hard to believe God is.....

Why not?

I guess so, I asked a question, that has yet still to be answered...

Sorry, I just am not exactly sure how to word a response to that. Belief in Christ promises salvation - being saved and brought to Heaven. You can't do that on your own.

So I can't do it, because I don't have the same belief system as you?

I'm going to put this succinctly, thats f'ing stupid...

*edit* so those of us Lakota, that don't believe in god, are going to hell because we're heathens? The bolded statement would make anyone sound like a first class a-hole...

So are you going to answer my question, or am I going to have to go through my archive of "waiting" gif's until you post a response?

Why not?

Sorry, I just am not exactly sure how to word a response to that. Belief in Christ promises salvation - being saved and brought to Heaven. You can't do that on your own.

*edit* so those of us Lakota, that don't believe in god, are going to hell because we're heathens?

Sorry, I've been freakin' swamped the last couple weeks.

I don't have the answer to your question though because it's not my job to make that decision.

Why not?

*edit* so those of us Lakota, that don't believe in god, are going to hell because we're heathens?

Sorry, I've been freakin' swamped the last couple weeks.

I don't have the answer to your question though because it's not my job to make that decision.

So, let me get this straight...

When you get posed a question, after sitting up on your religious high horse, you're saying thats not your job to make that decision? Just a few posts before, you were telling me that I can't save myself, and that I need god to do that? Thats a f'ing cop out...

Don't get all high and mighty on somebody, then when posed a legit question, hide behind a chickensh#t answer...

• Fire 3

So, let me get this straight...

When you get posed a question, after sitting up on your religious high horse, you're saying thats not your job to make that decision? Just a few posts before, you were telling me that I can't save myself, and that I need god to do that? Thats a f'ing cop out...

Don't get all high and mighty on somebody, then when posed a legit question, hide behind a chickensh#t answer...

I never got on a "religious high horse." I've never enjoyed hearing people say, "That person's going to hell because they did such and such." Plain and simple, that's not their job to judge. If you feel like it's a cop-out then that's too bad. I haven't pushed anything, nor have I been on a high horse, so whatever man. Just giving you the answers you've been begging for.

Walks- I don't want to speak for Huskershark but you know as well as anyone that Christians believe their path to salvation is paved by belief in Christ and his dying and resurrection redeems us of our sins. It should be understood that people who believe that probably have trouble with a person claiming they can save themself. I don't think that should be interpreted as any kind of attack on your belief structure. It's simply two different beliefs and points of view. Personally I believe there are probably many avenues to God but the only right one for me may not be the same as somebody elses. It's not necessarily that anyone thinks you're wrong but rather that your way is not their way and vice versa.

I never got on a "religious high horse." I've never enjoyed hearing people say, "That person's going to hell because they did such and such." Plain and simple, that's not their job to judge. If you feel like it's a cop-out then that's too bad. I haven't pushed anything, nor have I been on a high horse, so whatever man. Just giving you the answers you've been begging for.

So, making snarky comments in response to Strigori and myself isn't you being on your religious high horse, but proving a point that since we're not like minded like you, we are wrong? Ok, so you're not here to judge, but I can't save myself because a book told you so? It is a cop out, because you still haven't answered my question, and you're dancing around it like subhusker would have.

If I'm a Native American, who doesn't have the same system of beliefs or believe in god, am I soulless heathen, that is going to burn in hell? If you can't answer the question, then do you question your own faith, or lack the ability to answer tough questions?

Walks- I don't want to speak for Huskershark but you know as well as anyone that Christians believe their path to salvation is paved by belief in Christ and his dying and resurrection redeems us of our sins. It should be understood that people who believe that probably have trouble with a person claiming they can save themself. I don't think that should be interpreted as any kind of attack on your belief structure. It's simply two different beliefs and points of view. Personally I believe there are probably many avenues to God but the only right one for me may not be the same as somebody elses. It's not necessarily that anyone thinks you're wrong but rather that your way is not their way and vice versa.

JJ, I know that quite well, and it's an important part of Christianity is that when JC was on the cross, it was so that christians can have salvation.

I guess I just live in the now. When I've had obstacles in my life, I haven't relied on anyone else for help, but I've gotten through it myself. This is what I mean when I've "saved myself". I was taught from a young age that if you get yourself into trouble, you're the only one who can get yourself out, and not to rely on help from others because there may not be anyone to help you.

If christianity helps you get through your day, right on. But don't tell me because a book told you so, that I can't do something myself, because that is some narrow minded bullsh#t...

Why not?

The whole 'save me from myself' line of horse crap. Original Sin and all that BS. Sheep. Somehow Christians are the only people who actually like being called sheep. There is a reason the first lesson the Bible teaches is how knowledge and thinking for yourself is bad. Which really should invalidate the whole thing to someone who is going to critically think about it.

Once again, concrete logic from you, sir. :clap

Logic. Amusing coming from an argument that exists only as 'this old book says so, so it must be true. Even though there is absolutely no evidence. Just take the book at ts word, because the book says to. When you come up with something other than that kind of circle jerk logic, let us know.

Logic. Amusing coming from an argument that exists only as 'this old book says so, so it must be true. Even though there is absolutely no evidence. Just take the book at ts word, because the book says to. When you come up with something other than that kind of circle jerk logic, let us know.

I share the same sentiment, with one other thing.

I don't care what you believe in, just don't come out and tell me I'm wrong because I don't agree with your "opinion" of something...