Games vs. Texas

Sorry guys... this is just something I can't take. My ticker has never tolerated losing and I'm too old to allow losing to further strain it.

My Rant:

I'm not sure how Erstad is going to change the mentality of this group but if he doesn't, if they simply step on the field and swing the bat with no real desire to win, well... the results will continue to be the same and I can't take that. What a joke this game turned into. The university gives these kids 10-20K yearly to win and what do we the fans get? We get to watch them shamefully give games away. I don't see this team contending for anything soon. They played disgracefully and without any urgency. They are 0-5 and seemingly don't care. They play with zero confidence and with little if any zeal of the game. (I think maybe somebody in the athletic department should look that phrase up and post it in each of their lockers.)

My Husker heart will again listen today but I have "NO" hope of a win. Not with senior leadership that lacks compassion for the game and somehow finds excuses for not toughening up. Pierce pitched "ok" but should have been pulled before losing the lead. Erstad and Silva need to figure this out and turn the ship around soon. A promising, hopeful season is quickly being washed down the drain. 0 freaking and 5, are you kidding me? Really? Really??

Anyway, rant over.. I know many of you will be disappointed in my post but I am still hopeful but I'm rapidly losing my hopes. May I soon eat crow and these seniors will actually show they are better then what I think they are. Also, may HB jump down my throat and remind when it happens. :)

Erstad and Co. let's hit the cover off the rock this day. Let's stare the pitcher down and dare them to throw a strike. Let's do what we know we are capable of and score 10 runs and when the lights go out, let's walk off that field knowing that today was the day we said enough is enough. Today we win!

GBR!

I thought the Huskers showed some real fight for the first 7 innings, but laid down once the 8th inning started to unravel. We simply don't have the pitching depth to match Texas on "ace night" (Friday). The boys really need a "W" to get their confidence rolling, and the offense is going to have to lead the way. Pierce pitched his butt off last night, but about 3 50/50 calls went against him, and the ump cost us a run by calling back Kash after he got hit by a pitch that was 12 in off the plate. Grind for 9 today Huskers!!!!