DJR313

Player: Ben Martin

Hometown: Lincoln, NE

Position: DE

Height: 6’4”

Weight: 236

40 time: 4.8

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Ohio, Colorado St.

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/ :star:star

Bid Red Report: NR

Assessing the talent: Old school type Nebraska kid. Not flashy, but gets the job done. Very good student, "smart kid and straight laced" and has "about a B+ or A GPA" according to one of his teachers at Lincoln Southwest during his junior year.

Odds of Becoming a Cornhusker:95% Seems to be pretty good, considering who else has offered.

Huskers Illustrated front page says "NU gets surprise commitment"

Here is his link.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...sp?pr_key=35994

hello, this is a surprise, because I did not even know that UN offered him - it must have come quickly - maybe in an in-home visit

solich offered him before his hs season even began, & I thought for sure that he & henery - o burke were going to be bobcats

he played on both sides of the line (solich was recruiting him as a dt - if UN is going to do the same he will have to gain 50 lbs)

p.s. I guess he played one whale of a game in the state championship - lin sw vs mill n

This is the recruit i was mentioning earlier about a greyshirt. Although i have to say, i am completly shocked he even committed. I guess offers from Ohio and Colorado St were not enough to overcome the instate team. I really thought he was headed to Colorado St. One thing is for sure, this guy wont see the field anytime soon. He has a LOT of S&C he has to make up before the coaches put him on the field.

Alot of S&C? Someone earlier mentioned to me that he did 26 reps at 185lbs. before the year was over. Heck, his bench max is already 325lbs. and squat is over 500lbs. and his frame isn't completely filled out yet.

If he plays TE (like has been rumored) I don't see how he is that far off, personally.

Now if he is playing guard....