The Great Pop Tart Debate

The Great Pop Tart Debate  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although I don't eat pop tarts anymore, but s'more toasted is the way to go if you're going to eat a pop tart. Pure awesomeness. Just not much of a breakfast.

I haven't tried the s'mor but I would think if they taste like a s'mor you might as well eat a s'mor. Since a s'mor is a dessert and a pop tart is supposed to be for breakfast I vote that s'mor flavor be excluded from the poll.

Although I don't eat pop tarts anymore, but s'more toasted is the way to go if you're going to eat a pop tart. Pure awesomeness. Just not much of a breakfast.

I haven't tried the s'mor but I would think if they taste like a s'mor you might as well eat a s'mor. Since a s'mor is a dessert and a pop tart is supposed to be for breakfast I vote that s'mor flavor be excluded from the poll.

Oh yeah? Well I vote that you....

shut-up_569.gif

shut-up_569.gif

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookies or apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

http://www.poptarts.com/flavors/bakery/smores

They don't even have the traditional crust. It's a "graham cracker crust". I can't be sure but I think the chocolate fudge should be excluded based on the same criteria. It's difficult to tell, it could be the traditional crust just chocolate flavored which would probably be OK. It looks like most of the berry flavored ones have the traditional crust so they make sense to be in a Pop-Tart poll. Strawberry being the best.

shut-up_569.gif

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookies or apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

http://www.poptarts....s/bakery/smores

They don't even have the traditional crust. It's a "graham cracker crust". I can't be sure but I think the chocolate fudge should be excluded based on the same criteria. It's difficult to tell, it could be the traditional crust just chocolate flavored which would probably be OK. It looks like most of the berry flavored ones have the traditional crust so they make sense to be in a Pop-Tart poll. Strawberry being the best.

5932_161477.jpg

abcake1-2.jpg

both of those things exist so u r wrong and also we're talking about pop-tarts ok

shut-up_569.gif

http://www.poptarts....s/bakery/smores

both of those things exist so u r wrong and also we're talking about pop-tarts ok

So if Kellog created a pop-tart that tasted exactly like an apple pie we should consider it a pop-tart? It's straying way too far from the original concept of what a pop-tart is in my mind.

So if Kellog created a pop-tart that tasted exactly like an apple pie we should consider it a pop-tart? It's straying way too far from the original concept of what a pop-tart is in my mind.

lololol i have no idea why this is actually a discussion but i think the creators of the pop-tart get to decide what is or isn't a pop-tart. but if you think they are wrong you are welcome to i mean ...

Strawberry? STRAWBERRY?? You people are cretins! Cinnamon Poptarts is the only acceptable choice. Cinnamon is the King of Poptartland. :lol:

For the longest time, I thought frosted Brown Sugar Cinimon was the only flavor...Maybe my Mom was just acknowledgeing my fear of cooked fruit for once..

When I went to UNL I discovered Chocolate.Fudge which were good..But more of a delicacy to be consumed only on special occaisions.

I finally tried the strawberry a few months ago because American Discount Foods was selling them 3 boxes for a dollar (plus that was the only flavor they had that day)...Much better than I thought they'd be, but I doubt I'd pay any more for them.

I don't own a toaster.

Now this thread has me missing Eggo Waffles...and BACON!!!

502260219822287.jpg

Let's face it; if you want your kids to eat a good breakfast, pop tarts are not the way to go, period. Make scrambled egg whites, breakfast sausage with the grease strained off, and a slice of toast. That's the reason that I don't eat pop tarts anymore. They're empty calories and full of sugar.

lololol i have no idea why this is actually a discussion but i think the creators of the pop-tart get to decide what is or isn't a pop-tart. but if you think they are wrong you are welcome to i mean ...

It's "The Great Pop Tart Debate" and I take my pop tarts seriously :mellow: . Just kidding. Since the debate seemed tame and I've never tried S'more pop tarts, I thought I'd stir the pot and try to get them eliminated putting the strawberry back on top. Since everyone have been so uptight lately I figured I could get more people arguing over something so inconsequential. I'm suprised it failed. :lol:

I was doing some pop tart research. From wikipedia:

Originally not frosted when first introduced in 1964, it was later determined that frosting could withstand the toaster, and the first frosted Pop-Tarts were officially released in 1967. The first Pop-Tarts came out in four different flavors: strawberry, blueberry, brown sugar cinnamon, and apple currant. Today, there is a wide variety of Pop-Tart flavors, including chocolate chip, s'mores, raspberry, and French toast.

The apple currant was dropped. I can't find out what year s'more flavor was introduced.

Let's face it; if you want your kids to eat a good breakfast, pop tarts are not the way to go, period. Make scrambled egg whites, breakfast sausage with the grease strained off, and a slice of toast. That's the reason that I don't eat pop tarts anymore. They're empty calories and full of sugar.

They can be dangerous blow torches too :ohttp://www.pmichaud.com/toast/

Who signed up their mom on HB?