The Great Pop Tart Debate

The Great Pop Tart Debate  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How can you not own a toaster. Thats a damn shame my man.

I actually thought about getting one last week, but the possibility that my Grandpa's nearly new one was packed away somewhere in the garage by my Ex...and the lack of counter space...

When my Son wanted some toast a couple of weekends ago, it was WAY more fun to pull out the butane torch and create a lasting memory.

I actually thought about getting one last week, but the possibility that my Grandpa's nearly new one was packed away somewhere in the garage by my Ex...and the lack of counter space...

When my Son wanted some toast a couple of weekends ago, it was WAY more fun to pull out the butane torch and create a lasting memory.

Ha haha! That DOES sound fun. I'm gonna try it.

/ It never occurred to me that you could make toast like that. :lol:

• Fire 1

Ha haha! That DOES sound fun. I'm gonna try it.

/ It never occurred to me that you could make toast like that. :lol:

Wait until you try scorched side up eggs

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookies or apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

Let's face it; if you want your kids to eat a good breakfast, pop tarts are not the way to go, period. Make scrambled egg whites, breakfast sausage with the grease strained off, and a slice of toast. That's the reason that I don't eat pop tarts anymore. They're empty calories and full of sugar.

We didn't eat that egg white crap when we were kids. Nor did mom's drain the grease from bacon or sausage. It was used to baiste the eggs, if we were out of lard. Guess what? Kids were not obese back then. They played outside.........ALL day.

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookies or apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

Let's face it; if you want your kids to eat a good breakfast, pop tarts are not the way to go, period. Make scrambled egg whites, breakfast sausage with the grease strained off, and a slice of toast. That's the reason that I don't eat pop tarts anymore. They're empty calories and full of sugar.

We didn't eat that egg white crap when we were kids. Nor did mom's drain the grease from bacon or sausage. It was used to baiste the eggs, if we were out of lard. Guess what? Kids were not obese back then. They played outside.........ALL day.

I definitely won't dispute that.

Hahaha, if you really want to have standards, then don't consider any pop tart as breakfast food. Because that artificial, sugar-laden strawberry frosted is so much better than a s'more flavored one. Or chocolate chip cookies for that matter. All of these things are nothing but simple sugars and have no nutritional value otherwise.

For people who choose toasted...

Do me a favor.. go toast it right now... pull it straight out of the toaster, and take a big bite.

Then re-vote.

Toasting burns tongues... and ruins lives.

Same with Hot Pockets, only the center of a Hot Pocket stays ice cold while the ends are basically the same temperature as the sun.

• Fire 2