The Great Pop Tart Debate

The Great Pop Tart Debate  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, so I wanted to find out what all this noise about s'mor pop-tarts is and bought an 8 pack. Tried my first 2 toasted last night. They tasted like a s'mor and I didn't see any difference betweeen real s'mors and the fake pop-tart s'mors. No way would I eat these for breakfast. At least the fruit filled ones (strawberry being the best) give the illusion of being somewhat healthy (I know they aren't) for breakfast. I believe Pop-tarts are still being marketed as a breakfast food. This experiment reinforces my belief that they should be excluded from the poll on the basis that they are a dessert and not a real pop-tart. :)

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookiesor apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

200px-Cookie_Jarvis_on_the_Cookie_Crisp_box.jpg

I see your point. There are other things that shouldn't be accepted as breakfast food. :D

do not get me wrong, i agree with you. breakfast has been out of control for half-a-century now, though.

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookiesor apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

200px-Cookie_Jarvis_on_the_Cookie_Crisp_box.jpg

I see your point. There are other things that shouldn't be accepted as breakfast food. :D

do not get me wrong, i agree with you. breakfast has been out of control for half-a-century now, though.

I blame Captain Crunch. Once he got away with selling that stuff, the flood gates opened.

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookies or apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

Let's face it; if you want your kids to eat a good breakfast, pop tarts are not the way to go, period. Make scrambled egg whites, breakfast sausage with the grease strained off, and a slice of toast. That's the reason that I don't eat pop tarts anymore. They're empty calories and full of sugar.

Who signed up their mom on HB?

It was your mom actually..... And I did..... After I porked her.