The Great Pop Tart Debate

The Great Pop Tart Debate  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookies or apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

Let's face it; if you want your kids to eat a good breakfast, pop tarts are not the way to go, period. Make scrambled egg whites, breakfast sausage with the grease strained off, and a slice of toast. That's the reason that I don't eat pop tarts anymore. They're empty calories and full of sugar.

Who signed up their mom on HB?

It was your mom actually..... And I did..... After I porked her.

Is that you Hedley?

If we consider the s'more pop tart as a breakfast food then why not accept chocolate chip cookies or apple pie too? What kind of message is that sending to kids?

Let's face it; if you want your kids to eat a good breakfast, pop tarts are not the way to go, period. Make scrambled egg whites, breakfast sausage with the grease strained off, and a slice of toast. That's the reason that I don't eat pop tarts anymore. They're empty calories and full of sugar.

Who signed up their mom on HB?

It was your mom actually..... And I did..... After I porked her.

You did drain the grease first I hope.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried the chocolate with peanut butter. It's gross. My girlfriend thought it was pretty gross too.

There is barely any peanut butter in it, and what's in there tastes like dirt.

Word on the street is these "gone nutty" version do not taste great? Did you have yours toasted or not toasted? I found, from a personal perspective, not toasted pop tarts taste grainy, much like dirt. When they are toasted I believe the taste is not as bad.

I tried the chocolate with peanut butter. It's gross. My girlfriend thought it was pretty gross too.

Word on the street is these "gone nutty" version do not taste great? Did you have yours toasted or not toasted? I found, from a personal perspective, not toasted pop tarts taste grainy, much like dirt. When they are toasted I believe the taste is not as bad.

I tried them both ways. Toasting them does make the peanut butter filling have more of a normal peanut butter consistency. Still not great.

I tried them both ways. Toasting them does make the peanut butter filling have more of a normal peanut butter consistency. Still not great.

That's kind of what I figured. Toasting helps some, but it's still a highly processed food, lol. Thanks for the feedback, sir.

Baby Cacti #1 is on the way. You can consider this my 'announcement.' For those of you who are facebook friends of mine, it's not mentioned there, and lets keep it that way.

Anyways, wifey's been killing some pop-tarts, that and Smores Eggos are the only thing she can keep down. She told me to put in her vote of Cherry, but I already voted for Brown Sugar Cinnamon, so it's going to stay.

• 2 weeks later...