The Devaney Center Renovation Project

I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't remember the story. I thought the renovated arena is supposed to hold about 7,000 is that right? But I seem to remember talk of being able "expand" to around 10,000 if needed. Anyone else remember that or did I make that up? I see from knapp's pic that they've covered up at least some of the seats at the top on the ends. Are those seats still there that could be uncovered to "increase" seating capacity?

I remember reading that they could "expand" as well. It looks like the barriers along the upper area would be fairly easily removed...

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

• 9 months later...

The Bob Devaney Sports Center will have a new and improved look for the upcoming 2015 Nebraska volleyball season. As part of an effort to enhance the fan experience, the University

of Nebraska Athletics Department and Husker volleyball program announced a new center-hung video scoreboard, a new sound system and completion of the exterior siding of the
Devaney Center in 2015.
The high-definition video board by Daktronics will hang directly over the center of the Devaney Center court. The board is trapezoidal in shape and will be 13'6" tall and 28' wide on the
two sides. The ends of the board are 13'2" wide on top and 9'5" wide on bottom.
The existing video boards on the North and South sides of the building will remain and will be used primarily for displaying stats and other video. Additionally, the Devaney Center will
have a new sound system installed this summer, and the completion of the exterior siding should be substantially complete by Aug. 1.

Link

BKCTOXHPVOFXRPI.20150618203921.jpg

• 4 weeks later...