SVP and Russillo

When I think of Nebraska fan's delusion it's not delusion in the sense of we think that we field a better product on the field than reality shows us. If anything that's the opposite - everyone, especially on messageboards, is quick to believe our team is far more awful than they actually are. Remember the absurd and unfounded predictions of how we'd get scorched by five touchdowns by halftime against Georgia?

I think of our delusion as one of a delusion of grandeur; collectively, we tend to think we are far more important (read, not talented or superior performers) in the scheme of college football than reality shows us.

This has been proven in this thread, really.

"ESPN hates us". No. ESPN doesn't really care about us; they care about themselves.

"Kirk Herbstreit hates us." I mean, if anything, he's fond of us, but generally he's probably not that worked up in thought over us period.

"People are butthurt because we won their competition or we beat them" Usually, they either aren't butthurt at all, or if they are, part of it is because we're insufferable.

Thankfully, there are plenty who disprove this theory; especially on Huskerboard, but there's plenty of legitimate reasons why so many other programs can't stand Nebraska or it's fans, and believe it or not, it's not entirely jealousy.

I totally agree with this. The attitude that ESPN is against anyone or has any agenda is laughable.

SVP and Russillo are usually very good at giving honest opinions and pretty sound in their opinions. I tend to agree with them a lot. But, it's like he's trying to blame the fans for nebraska being ranked when he doesn't think they deserve it. Basically, it sounds like he has more of a problem with the "Brand" of Nebraska and coaches/sports writers over valuing the program. I just think it's misplaced to put it on the fans and call them delusional. Very similar to Duke in regards to basketball. Whether they are truly good or not, they get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to seeding and ranking. I honestly have no problem with it either. You earn your place over the course of time not as a flash in the pan (see Texas Tech, Missouri, etc)

I agree I have no problem with that either. It still matters when a team without history beats Nebraska.

All those asshats at ESPN can hug a nut. How many coaches have come to Lincoln and said, Nebraska fans are truly some the best there is. There is nothing delusional about that. If anything, we have tempered our expectation over the last few years. Something we have never done before. Suck rocks Rusillo.

• Fire 1

The fact that they slotted time to discuss our passionate/rabid fan base should tell you all you need to know. We are annoying the hell out of them. We are the first grader that's pulling the chair out from under them. If they hated us, they should ignore us. It's parenting 101. We are the burr under their saddle. We are the hair in their soup. We are the hole in their condom. We should celebrate the annoyance we've become and cultivate it. Our goal as a fan base should be an all out onslaught on all their open forum shows. The only way to really push them over the edge would be to have all our teams start winning natties.

Point is this. We are winning. They are annoyed so they are taking their shots. The fact that we haven't won anything of significance in a while yet they feel the need to address us is a sign that they don't get it and it pisses them off! I for one love it. Keep it up husker nation and GBR :bigredn:

• Fire 1

All those asshats at ESPN can hug a nut. How many coaches have come to Lincoln and said, Nebraska fans are truly some the best there is. There is nothing delusional about that. If anything, we have tempered our expectation over the last few years. Something we have never done before. Suck rocks Rusillo.

Is Jamrog working there part time now?

Jamrog?

He's Bo's glorified secretary isnt he? (Assistant HC of football operations?).

Kugler does a lot for BTN.

Matt Schick is working for ESPN now. Its that who youre thinking of, or am I completely out of the loop on something?

Jamrog?

Matt Schick is working for ESPN now. Its that who youre thinking of, or am I completely out of the loop on something?

I'm mostly making a jab at Jamrog, as he is such an asshat that he is known formally as "Asshat" for a wide group of Husker fans. Apparently none of those Husker fans post on Huskerboard, though.

Jamrog?

I'm mostly making a jab at Jamrog, as he is such an asshat that he is known formally as "Asshat" for a wide group of Husker fans. Apparently none of those Husker fans post on Huskerboard, though.

I gotcha. I've heard that too. I attended a football camp about 12 years ago under Solich, when jamrog was Dline coach. I thought the same then. I've heard numerous times that at some point jamrog was gonna be let go, Cotton was gonna take his spot and that Stai was gonna be brought on full time as Co-OL coach with Garrison. Mumble-jumble of course, but I've heard it from more than one usually reliable source.

I just didnt get the context of which you were implying. I do know.