SVP and Russillo

Yesterday on SVP and Russillo, Ryen Russillo named Nebraska as the most delusional fanbase. I don't like hearing what he says, but some of it does have merit and gives us some perspective of how we are viewed on a national level.

Wednesday, Scott Van Pelt and Ryen Russillo discuss the most delusional fan bases in college sports, the Knicks' win over the Celtics and much more. Listen to the best highlights of the show below!Scott Van Pelt and Ryen Russillo talk about the most delusional fan bases in college sportsand debate whose fans think way too highly of their college squads.

Here's a link to the segment, the Nebraska part is toward the end. http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=9104501

Like I said yesterday, when this was being discussed in a status. This was only said, to gain exposure. They know that saying such things will get a dedicated and educated fan base in a tiff. They got EXACTLY just that. Also, its ESPN, I don't take anything they say to heart. All they try to do is put Nebraska down, and try to hurt our public image. Starting with Desmond Coward, Kirk Curbstreet, and now to SVP and Russillo. All turds. Lou Holtz seems to be the only one who doesn't rag on our program. I am not saying all of ESPN is out to get us, but those named, are ones who strongly dislike our program, and will not hesitate to bash us.

Don't confuse dedication with delusional.

(sure we have delusional fans, but what fan base doesn't?)

• Fire 1

The fact that we (the people posting) don't think we're delusional is probably the biggest argument proving we are delusional.

What's your definition of delusional? Like how do you interpret it? There are many different ways you can interpret that word. Delusional in thinking we will win a National Title ever year? I don't believe I have honestly met one knowledgeable fan who has thought this in over a decade. I believe we are going in that direction, and a lot closer than some think. Will we win a Conference Title? Soon, yes. Delusional? We have made it there 3/5 years.

Just because I am dedicated to my program, doesn't mean I am delusional. I know where we are, and we aren't at a National Title run yet. You have to win your conference first, before you can take that next step. Unless your Alabama.

Define delusional

We are no more delusional that any other fan base in America, IN ANY SPORT.

As I said when I brought this up in a status update yesterday as it was going on, this topic is like biting into each of a basket full of apples and talking about which is jucier. There's no clear-cut favorite because they're all pretty much the god damn same.

Rusillo has something personal against Nebraska. You can hear in his tone, just the same as you do with Herbstreit when he's bitching about us, or now lately Desmond Howard when he harps about Bo, and in the past Doug Gottlieb would have some harsh words when he would be coloring a basketball game in Lincoln.

Yes, ESPN hates us. The evidence is thickening with each passing day. I will not let this go. Ever. Ever. Forever.

Yes, I am a nut. Most of you know this already. I am delusional.

Wanna talk delusional? What about kansas St fans. A lot of them actually believe that a decade's worth of success (void of any National titles and only 2 conference titles by the way) actually justifies them and voids the previous 100 years of total ineptitude and toiletry. That's delusional.

Bottom line is it's jealousy. We're the best god damn fans in the country, it's not even close, and they saw it as a chance to take a shot at us.

Over-signing and letting in dumb kids doesn't help the SEC? It's not an advantage? Then why do they do it? It must just be the location...right... :rolleyes: ...that and the best players money can buy.

That is one part of their take I absolutely disagree with. Oversigning is unethical, the SEC is the king of it, and it ABSOLUTELY gives them a competitive advantage.

All three of the individuals mentioned picked Nebraska to be in the Rose Bowl if I remember correctly. And as usual we left a great big Turd on the table. I do not see the hate that some do. That is the delusional aspect of our program. We think ESPN hates us. Have you ever listened to the Paul Finebaum show. They think ESPN hates them, Texas thinks ESPN hates them, USC fans thinks ESPN hates them. The honest truth is ESPN pretty much nails it and we don't like it. Herbstriet is one of Bo's biggest fans and has said so many times. He felt Nebraska fans worked the MNC series thing they had. WE FRIPPEN DID!

Every fan of every team thinks ESPN is against them. Bull pucky. Win the games, get positive comments. Lay Turds you get what you get. Nothing more.

• Fire 1

What's your definition of delusional? Like how do you interpret it?

Rusillo has something personal against Nebraska. You can hear in his tone, just the same as you do with Herbstreit when he's bitching about us, or now lately Desmond Howard when he harps about Bo, and in the past Doug Gottlieb would have some harsh words when he would be coloring a basketball game in Lincoln.

Yes, ESPN hates us. The evidence is thickening with each passing day. I will not let this go. Ever. Ever. Forever.

Yes, I am a nut. Most of you know this already. I am delusional.

Bottom line is it's jealousy. We're the best god damn fans in the country, it's not even close, and they saw it as a chance to take a shot at us.

• Fire 2

Not wanting to start an argument but, what did they say that wasn't true, except maybe a kid from the panhandle would rather play in SEC country than Lincoln. Call it what you want, passionate, dedicated, loyal, they explained what their definition was and went with it. Alabama, NCState, aTm all mentioned. My definition of delusional is...Iowa fans, at least they said we were relevant at one time. Iowa has never been relevant but you can't say that to their fans.

I listened to it. Meh.

I find SVP entertaining at times. Haven't heard a lot of Russillo. I think most NU fans know about how good we are at this point over the last few years. I am not sure we have any more kool-aid drinkers than the next team. The point about us coming into the Big 10 and basically saying we were going to roll everyone was highly misinformed....these guys need to do some homework. Hello...everyone knew the Big 10 did no favors for us with the brutal schedule we got when joining. And then they pile on about the Wisc. loss...ok, fair enough but most our fanbase knew our defense was very lackluster last year so don't quite get their point. Delusional is if we thought we were going to shutdown Wisc. but nothing pointed to that happening...yes we got blown out by a lot more than expected but no on was saying this team was the 90's Blackshirts.