Thousands of barrels of oil leak from pipeline

Whether you care or not, the pipeline WILL bring jobs and revenue to the states in which it inhabits.

My wife's uncle worked on some of the existing pipelines. Once construction is done, which is less than a year on the jobs he's done, there's no more work. That "20,000 jobs created" is an utter, utter lie.

I don't know about the 20,000 jobs, but the pipeline will create a few perminent jobs for people in this state. I know this cause the company I work for might be the ones taking care of the pipeline and we were approached about hiring people from the areas at which the pipeline runs through. We have 2 pipelines that would be running lateral with the keystone line through Nebraska.

I don't know about the 20,000 jobs, but the pipeline will create a few perminent jobs for people in this state. I know this cause the company I work for might be the ones taking care of the pipeline and we were approached about hiring people from the areas at which the pipeline runs through. We have 2 pipelines that would be running lateral with the keystone line through Nebraska.

I don't doubt the bold at all but I don't think that the risks outweigh that sort of minuscule reward.

I don't doubt the bold at all but I don't think that the risks outweigh that sort of minuscule reward.

By risks, do you mean leaks?

So....when it is all done, we have "a few" jobs but the residents of Nebraska then have to deal with this pipe line across our land and the US as a whole gets very little (if any) benefit out of the oil because it will be exported from the gulf.

Sorry...I have no desire to give up certain rights and privileges to our land so that Canada can export their oil. They can build it on their friggen land going east or west to THEIR ports.

• Fire 5

So....when it is all done, we have "a few" jobs but the residents of Nebraska then have to deal with this pipe line across our land and the US as a whole gets very little (if any) benefit out of the oil because it will be exported from the gulf.

Sorry...I have no desire to give up certain rights and privileges to our land so that Canada can export their oil. They can build it on their friggen land going east or west to THEIR ports.

Completely agree. Wish I could +1 it more than once.

I'm surprised that the purportedly conservative GOP so strongly supports using the US government to force individuals to give up their property rights to a foreign company.

Well stated. +10000

Boom.

Lucky for Canada, if we keep using oil at the rate (and rate of growth in use) we're going at, the polar ice caps will melt entirely and they can pipe that oil north to the Arctic and ship it from there.

The people that oppose the pipeline, is it because the oil might be shipped to other countries from our ports in the gulf (which if true, I DO NOT agree with) or because their could be an enviromental issue if the line leaked? Or is it both?

The people that oppose the pipeline, is it because the oil might be shipped to other countries from our ports in the gulf (which if true, I DO NOT agree with) or because their could be an enviromental issue if the line leaked? Or is it both?

Both.

Boom.

Lucky for Canada, if we keep using oil at the rate (and rate of growth in use) we're going at, the polar ice caps will melt entirely and they can pipe that oil north to the Arctic and ship it from there.

Wait, are you talking about that global warming fraud?

Completely agree. Wish I could +1 it more than once.

I'm surprised that the purportedly conservative GOP so strongly supports using the US government to force individuals to give up their property rights to a foreign company.

Has this happened?

EDIT: Has this happened for KXL?

Both.

Look, I have no idea if there is going to be a leak or not. But, for conversational purposes, lets say there isn't one. The pipe line is still a pain in the azz for anyone who owns the property around it. I have been on enough construction jobs that are close to pipe lines to know that it's a pain in the azz and the pipe line company controls EVERYTHING.

I actually have a friend who owns a construction company. he went over and helped his neighbor drill a few fence post holes. These post holes just so happened to be too close to a pipe line and the plane flew over checking the pipe line as he was digging. Last I knew, he was still in the middle of fighting a law suit that he could end up with a huge fine.

This is just one example of many. All this and we don't get any benefit from it other than "a few" jobs.

This oil IS going to be exported and not used in the US. I thought that was a well known fact by now. :dunno

Has this happened?

EDIT: Has this happened for KXL?

Are people truly unaware that this is happening? :dunno

Randy Thompson, a cattle buyer in Nebraska, was informed that if he did not grant pipeline access to 80 of the 400 acres left to him by his mother along the Platte River, “Keystone will use eminent domain to acquire the easement.” Sue Kelso and her large extended family in Oklahoma were sued in the local district court by TransCanada, the pipeline company, after she and her siblings refused to allow the pipeline to cross their pasture.

“Their land agent told us the very first day she met with us, you either take the money or they’re going to condemn the land,” Mrs. Kelso said. By its own count, the company currently has 34 eminent domain actions against landowners in Texas and an additional 22 in South Dakota.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0