Boston Marathon Explosions

Any feasible, safe way to take someone like this alive?

Not really, especially if he doesn't want to be taken alive. If he's not as committed as his brother to dying for whatever cause, then probably, but it depends. It's all very situational.

BOLO for grey 1995 Honda Odyssey.

Any feasible, safe way to take someone like this alive?

Taser, but somebody with a strong will can still defeat that. If we were in Russia they could use a gas to knock him out, but you have to have the right chemistry for their body mass and administer the antidote with in the right time or he dies. They used it in a hostage rescue at a movie theater a while back but some of the hosties died.

Less lethal shotguns to the groin. That is the only way to assure compliance.

Funny story, my uncle is a police officer and was on scene at a parking garage where a guy was going to jump off the top. He shot him in the groin with one of those bean bag shotguns and it didnt even phase the guy. So he shot him again and hit him in the chest (I believe) and he dropped like a fly. He said it was hilarious after the fact.

Yes, we do still have a great society. Events like this bring out the greatness of society. The end of the line is not bs, because everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. The mental health issue is a big one, and no longer can safety just be assumed.

This has never been different.

The father thinks his sons were set up. I wouldn't think any different in that situation, but it highlights the need for this guy to be taken alive, I think. We need some due process and explanation here. Especially this younger guy, Dzhokhar, there are some gaps in this story that need to be filled in.

Obviously the loss of life and those injured are the main story of this event but I will be very curious after this is all done what the financial impact that these two will have made on Boston and our country as a whole. Shutting a city down the size of Boston for even a day has got to be a huge cost. Then to think of all the additional security brought in but most importantly will be what happens after this event is over? How many millions or billions will we end up spending trying to make sure this doesn't happen again?

What is truly scary is they could have done this anywhere. It would have been just as easy to walk up to the front Memorial Stadium before a game and do the same thing, or leave it in the middle of campus in between classes. Yes, let's get this loser still out there, grieve the dead a help the wounded but I come away from this wondering where do we go from here? How do you stop this from happening again?