2014 Crystal Ball (Huskerboard edition)

With 18 commits, I have us for 4 scholarships open. That number will likely go up as there may be some players leaving and might (probably?) lose Waz so maybe 6-7 spots left?

Sounds like there's some smoke for Avery (RB) and McDaniel (CB). Even if it's not them, I'd say a RB and CB would be two of the spots. What do you have for the position of the remaining spots and who might fill them?

Looks like the DLine could use some more help but I'm not sure who we're looking at yet. Grant Harris seems like a possibility.

WR seems to be in for at least one more and possibly two in case we lose Harrison. Lauderdale and Johnson would be good but not sure how likely.

RB-WR-WR-DL-DL-CB-CB with possibly a LB if we get the right one?

Based on our depth chart and who we have already committed in this class (assuming everyone stays), we should go for more offensive tackles and defensive ends.

If we only have 4 left, I would like OT-DE-DE-RB:

(In order)

OT- Nick Gates or Kolton Miller, Chukwuma Okorafor (b/c Brian Wallace and Frank Ragnow are out)

DE-Kevin Bronson, Darius Slade or Grant Harris, Joe Keels

RB-Kalen Ballage, Corey Avery

If we have 2 more (from decommits):

CB-Danzel McDaniel (if Waz goes)

OT- same list above

CB, DT, DE, OG, and OT were positions of need for this recruiting class. We have filled CB, DT, and OG well. Now, we need to close on some DE and OT talent.

With 18 commits, I have us for 4 scholarships open. That number will likely go up as there may be some players leaving and might (probably?) lose Waz so maybe 6-7 spots left?

Sounds like there's some smoke for Avery (RB) and McDaniel (CB). Even if it's not them, I'd say a RB and CB would be two of the spots. What do you have for the position of the remaining spots and who might fill them?

Looks like the DLine could use some more help but I'm not sure who we're looking at yet. Grant Harris seems like a possibility.

WR seems to be in for at least one more and possibly two in case we lose Harrison. Lauderdale and Johnson would be good but not sure how likely.

RB-WR-WR-DL-DL-CB-CB with possibly a LB if we get the right one?

Based on our depth chart and who we have already committed in this class (assuming everyone stays), we should go for more offensive tackles and defensive ends.

If we only have 4 left, I would like OT-DE-DE-RB:

(In order)

OT- Nick Gates, Kolton Miller, Chukwuma Okorafor (b/c Brian Wallace and Frank Ragnow are out)

DE- Joe Keels or Darius Slade, Kevin Bronson or Grant Harris

RB-Kalen Ballage, Corey Avery

If we have 2 more (from decommits):

CB-Danzel McDaniel (even if Waz stays)

OT- same list above

CB, DT, DE, OG, and OT were positions of need for this recruiting class. We have filled CB, DT, and OG well. Now, we need to close on some DE and OT talent.

Bolded my opinion changes on your list. And I think Monte Harrison goes to MLB so I'd like for us to get Johnson or Lauderdale even though I think both are a long shot.

Based on the scholarship distribution chart here, we have all 85 scholarship currently allocated. This year, 19 scholarships will become available, when the seniors graduate, and 1 is returned as Ernest Suttles was kicked off the team. That would only leave 20 scholarships for the 2014 recruiting class, but I have seen numbers as high as 22-23 scholarships. Anyone got a handle on the number that are available to fill out this class?

Based on the scholarship distribution chart here, we have all 85 scholarship currently allocated. This year, 19 scholarships will become available, when the seniors graduate, and 1 is returned as Ernest Suttles was kicked off the team. That would only leave 20 scholarships for the 2014 recruiting class, but I have seen numbers as high as 22-23 scholarships. Anyone got a handle on the number that are available to fill out this class?

Walker Ashburn and Donovan Vestal have been placed on Medical Hardship. Jay Guy has been rumored to be leaving as he has been here four years and, while I haven't heard anything, I have a suspicion that Toby Okuyemi might be in the same boat. That's 3-4 more.

It wouldn't surprise me if the staff saves one scholarship for Sam Burtch as he has been a pretty solid contributor this year. So that would be 22-23 for new players, depending on how a couple current players are handled.

• Fire 1

Walker Ashburn and Donovan Vestal have been placed on Medical Hardship.  Jay Guy has been rumored to be leaving as he has been here four years and, while I haven't heard anything, I have a suspicion that Toby Okuyemi might be in the same boat.  That's 3-4 more.

It wouldn't surprise me if the staff saves one scholarship for Sam Burtch as he has been a pretty solid contributor this year.  So that would be 22-23 for new players, depending on how a couple current players are handled.

Thanks, Mavric. Had not heard anything about Jay or Toby. At 22-23, that gives some wiggle room for doubling up on some of this late interest RB and JUCO CB.

I've heard as many as 26 with mid term guys being included.

If you're talking about early enrollees counting against last year's class, I'm not sure that will apply to us this year. I don't see anyone else leaving as most of the guys who are going to be juniors and seniors (other than the two mentioned above) have either been playing or will likely play next year after injuries or graduations ahead of them. I don't know who the 2-3 more guys would be that would have to leave to have that many scholarships available.

Bolded my opinion changes on your list. And I think Monte Harrison goes to MLB so I'd like for us to get Johnson or Lauderdale even though I think both are a long shot.

Sounds like we'd like to take one more WR anyway but you have to wonder if we'd take two just in case Harrison goes the baseball route.

We are at 18 now after Keels committed...

Still have good chance with:

Josh Keys

Danzel McDaniel

Brandon Powell

Kalen Ballage

Quinten Flowers

Darius Slade

Raymon Minor

And a good chance of losing Monte Harrison to MLB. So if we managed to get all these guys, which is unlikely, and lose Harrison that would put us at 24.

EDIT: Powell, Ballage and Flowers are the least likely.