2014 Crystal Ball (Huskerboard edition)

I think we will see TV Williams, Peyton Newell, and Harrison Phillips all commit before Labor Day weekend. I also think well see Freedom Akinmoladun commit at some point as well as Monte Harrison.

The other spots are a lot of maybe's right now. I imagine a second round of offers will go out as guys have come off our board and committed to other schools already.

Good work on Harrison and Akinmoladun. If we get the others as well the class will be filling out nicely.

QB: 1 (Darlington)

RB: 1-2 (Stewart)

WR: 3-4 (Pierson-El, Harrison)

TE: 1 (Akinmoladun)

OL: 4 (Foster, Farmer)

DE: 2 (Stoltenberg)

DT: 2

LB: 1

DB: 5 (Mosley, Gifford)

K: 1 (Brown)

I'll take a stab and say we get London at RB, Brian Wallace and Nick Gates at OT, Phillips starts out at DE, Newell at DT, Henre Tolliver at CB and Joshua Kalu at S.

That would leave us short a WR or two, a DT, a LB and a DB.

I think TV is a coin flip but Pierson-El and Stewart help push him to UK.

Newell and 2 JUCO DT would be ideal. One JUCO would be ok. Really wish we could have had one here last class.

Really hoping for Newell. Holley would be another HS DT with lots of upward potential.

The only two JUCO DT that the staff has offered are Lamin and Pelon. Though, we will be battled several SEC teams (particularly South Carolina) for Lamin and Washington for Pelon. Either or both would be great.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know how serious the predictors are about the choices they make? Or are they just being mostly homers aside from the most obvious?

My point is that on 247, Mike Schaffer from HuskersIllustrated just predicted Corey Avery to Nebraska right after Avery scheduled an official. I think it's great but did he do it because he really believes it or because he works for a Husker site?

Does anyone know how serious the predictors are about the choices they make? Or are they just being mostly homers aside from the most obvious?

My point is that on 247, Mike Schaffer from HuskersIllustrated just predicted Corey Avery to Nebraska right after Avery scheduled an official. I think it's great but did he do it because he really believes it or because he works for a Husker site?

Seems like several are more prone to pick for their home school but I think overall they're trying to put in a good guess. It seemed like we were pretty out on Avery a couple months ago so the fact that he's still interested enough in us to schedule a visit seems to indicate we've come back up his list.

Seems like several are more prone to pick for their home school but I think overall they're trying to put in a good guess. It seemed like we were pretty out on Avery a couple months ago so the fact that he's still interested enough in us to schedule a visit seems to indicate we've come back up his list.

There's an area thoat shows the percentage of predicitions each person has got right.

With 18 commits, I have us for 4 scholarships open. That number will likely go up as there may be some players leaving and might (probably?) lose Waz so maybe 6-7 spots left?

Sounds like there's some smoke for Avery (RB) and McDaniel (CB). Even if it's not them, I'd say a RB and CB would be two of the spots. What do you have for the position of the remaining spots and who might fill them?

Looks like the DLine could use some more help but I'm not sure who we're looking at yet. Grant Harris seems like a possibility.

WR seems to be in for at least one more and possibly two in case we lose Harrison. Lauderdale and Johnson would be good but not sure how likely.

RB-WR-WR-DL-DL-CB-CB with possibly a LB if we get the right one?

With 18 commits, I have us for 4 scholarships open. That number will likely go up as there may be some players leaving and might (probably?) lose Waz so maybe 6-7 spots left?

Sounds like there's some smoke for Avery (RB) and McDaniel (CB). Even if it's not them, I'd say a RB and CB would be two of the spots. What do you have for the position of the remaining spots and who might fill them?

Looks like the DLine could use some more help but I'm not sure who we're looking at yet. Grant Harris seems like a possibility.

WR seems to be in for at least one more and possibly two in case we lose Harrison. Lauderdale and Johnson would be good but not sure how likely.

RB-WR-WR-DL-DL-CB-CB with possibly a LB if we get the right one?

Do you prefer Ballage or Avery at RB? Or maybe if we get the chance take both, and have ballage be a LB?

Do you prefer Ballage or Avery at RB? Or maybe if we get the chance take both, and have ballage be a LB?

I've been on the Ballage bandwagon for awhile but I also thought we were out on Avery. I think I'd still go with Ballage as he has a bigger frame but still seems to have speed but I'd be happy with either.

If I knew we were going to keep Harrison I'd definitely go for one less WR and take both. But I don't know if they'd both commit anyway.